Author Topic: gettin the new gti  (Read 3594 times)

Offline forzanerazzurri

• Not said much yet
gettin the new gti
« on: 15 February 2004, 03:32 »
when thenew gti comes out im gonna buy one, but i was wondering if perhaps it was best to wait? cpouple reasons. i hear your never supposed to buy the first year productions of a new model as they havent ironed the bugs out of it yet  AND because if you look at history the first few models of gtis have been replaced only a few years after by better more powerful ones. ex.  the 8v to the 16 v,  and the 1.8 to the vr6
'85 MK2 GTI BIGBUMPERS NeuspeedTurbo/SportSprings,Lowered 2"on15" BBSw/NittoTyres, PortPolish, Bored, 16VThrottleBody, NeuspeedShortShift, DubspeedBigBoreIntake, SwayBar, Racing

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re:gettin the new gti
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2004, 12:51 »
in my opinion the 2.0 "gti" FSi won't cut it. If you really want a mk5 i'd wait for the 200bhp+ turbo model everyone's been hearing the rumours about.

Offline Cupra Turbo

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2004, 23:58 »
the current GT has 150Bhp... the GTI later in the year has a 2.0 turbo 200Bhp lump...

and in about 2-3yrs time they'll up it again... like usual

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=38

Modified Golf GTI, 130Bhp(est), All Smoked Plus Quad Headl

Offline FastGTI

• Not said much yet
  • 1996 Golf GTI 16V
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2004, 10:27 »
Im definately getting a GTI for my next company car I think they look really good!!

Have to wait 3 years though (they'll be old!!)  Got to plan ahead!  :D

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2004, 20:35 »
The appearance and spec of the GTi has yet to be decided;

The pictures that were previewed in Auto express earlier in the year were of a GTi concept, not necessarily what is going to be available to buy in November. No-one will know what we're acually going to get until the launch of the GTi at Paris in September.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline Cupra Turbo

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2004, 21:24 »
The "concept" that Auto-Express showed had 18" wheels.. and I cant see the "retail" version having 18" wheels... maybe 16"/17" and the R36 will have 18".

I also wish they'd make it "different" ... the mk4 GTI looks too similar to the 1.4SE (or whatever has alloys)

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=38

Modified Golf GTI, 130Bhp(est), All Smoked Plus Quad Headl