Author Topic: Airmass Meter / Turbo's/ ECU's  (Read 2285 times)

Offline martinanderson

• Just got here
Airmass Meter / Turbo's/ ECU's
« on: 10 January 2004, 21:16 »
Hi everyone,

Just had a really annoying problem with my Golf,1.9TDI, lacking power. The garage thought it was my turbo after doing some research on the web i found that an airmass meter was a very common problem, so i phoned the company who were recommended on that website they were called lynx automotive, and they agreed with me and said that an airmass meter failure is a very common problem and its to early for a turbo (they also sell Turbos, and ECU's) as my car has only done around 55k miles!

So got a price from lynx and quickly phoned Euro/GSF and found lynx to be the best price for me! so i ordered it from lynx and got it sent to the dealer and the vehicle is like a little rocket again! the dealer even fitted it for FREE as they were embarresed that they had diagnosed it wrong! So a good addition to the "good guys" is lynx automotive they were good guys for me and very helpful and cheaper than the rest what more could i want!!

lynx automotive - 01949 836362

Cheers Martin

kniterider

Re:Airmass Meter / Turbo's/ ECU's
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2004, 17:59 »
nice to hear of some top garage type peeps out there!!! mis diagnosis is the cause of alot of big bills!!!! if only all garages (including VOLKSWAGEN MAIN DELAERS) could resolve this kind of problem straight away rather than 'guessing' and costing the customer alot of money!! whome as spent alot of money either new or used on a 'quality' volkswagen motor car!!well done lynx automotive !!!thumbs up for you!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D