Author Topic: Watch out. ACC (Adaptive Chassis Control) is £705 extra  (Read 12433 times)

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
The reviews of the Mk6 GTI make much of the ACC.
The prices quoted by the magazines assume it is standard, it is not.
Costing an extra £705 it is not something I would opt for.
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
Re: Watch out. ACC (Adaptive Chassis Control) is £705 extra
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2009, 16:13 »
I am confussed by the ACC! Doesnt't take much to confuse me to be honest!!! But back to the matter in hand, does the GTI (no ACC ordered) have the same set up and handling as if in sport mode with ACC ordered or does the car handle less well ie. like normal mode on ACC?

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2009, 18:49 »
I am confussed by the ACC! Doesnt't take much to confuse me to be honest!!! But back to the matter in hand, does the GTI (no ACC ordered) have the same set up and handling as if in sport mode with ACC ordered or does the car handle less well ie. like normal mode on ACC?

A good question.
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline Robbie G

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2009, 10:36 »
Without ACC the ride is set to the normal mode with ACC. I can't remember the source but I read it somewhere.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2009, 14:19 »
Also seems highline is listed on the site under standard equipment but on the price list its listed as optional odd.
« Last Edit: 28 March 2009, 18:38 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #5 on: 16 April 2009, 14:24 »
Without ACC the ride is set to the normal mode with ACC. I can't remember the source but I read it somewhere.
It also just makes sense.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #6 on: 07 July 2009, 23:32 »

any mkvi owners with ACC out there?  how do you find it?

i'm trying to decide on whether it is worth it. 

cheers!
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #7 on: 07 July 2009, 23:49 »
I've tried it, i thought it was great. Comfort mode is so silent at speeds way beyond the legal limit (tested to 130mph!) and when you get to the fun roads, once you remember to press the button (which i forgot to do on the first lap) it noticeably tightens up and the reduced bodyroll really killed the understeer.
If I was ordering one i'd definitely choose to spend the £705 on ACC rather than something like satnav or some winter/sound pack. If I could only afford one option though.. I'd struggle to decide between ACC or xenons..

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 07 July 2009, 23:51 »
I'm about to order one.  If it was just me, I'd leave it.  But I have a very elderly mother who complains about the slightest bump, so I'm getting it to keep her happy in "comfort" mode.

The car I test drove didn't have it but the dealer said the cars without it are the same as the "normal" mode.  So the ACC cars can go either sportier or more comfortable.

I think I'm going to drop a little hint that mother might like to pay for the specs she has added to this car....

Rolfe.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #9 on: 08 July 2009, 00:32 »

rofl!

i'm sure your mother would then point out all the outlay she spent on your childhood etc etc.

but back on topic i had read that the ACC normal mode is actually an adjustable one, i.e. even without pressing a button, it will firm up the suspension if it thinks you're pressing on a bit.  however you don't get the sharper steering of the sport mode.

comfort mode would be good when on motorways and around london there are soooo many speed bumps.

i do do the odd track day so i suspect ACC is a good option to have and by and large it has either had neutral or positive reviews, well at least no-one hates it!  if i can get a good deal then i'll get it i think.

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!