Poll

How often do you (or someone else) clean your car?

Once a week
18 (36%)
Once a fortnight
11 (22%)
Once a month
5 (10%)
Mother Nature cleans it for me
1 (2%)
When it needs doing irrespective of time since last wash
15 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Cleaning your car  (Read 12903 times)

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
Re: Cleaning your car
« Reply #20 on: 13 October 2019, 07:34 »
Take the gti and then give it a hose down again when u come home

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 13 October 2019, 09:20 »
Another weird trait of mine is to avoid using my car on a Sunday if it was washed and cleaned on Saturday. Take today for example. I have a 60 mile round trip to visit family. Do I take the GTI knowing it’ll get wet & muddy or do I just take to the wife’s Polo, keeping mine in the garage?  I know it’ll get dirty on the Monday commute anyway, but it will annoy me sitting on the work car park looking like I didn’t clean it this weekend. On the other hand, I’d much rather drive the GTI than a manual 1.2 Polo!  Gah.  :laugh:

HAHAHAAA, this is me!!!

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 13 October 2019, 09:23 »
This forum is quite therapeutic. I’d started to question my own sanity. It’s reassuring that I’m not alone!
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 13 October 2019, 11:47 »
Another weird trait of mine is to avoid using my car on a Sunday if it was washed and cleaned on Saturday. Take today for example. I have a 60 mile round trip to visit family. Do I take the GTI knowing it’ll get wet & muddy or do I just take to the wife’s Polo, keeping mine in the garage?  I know it’ll get dirty on the Monday commute anyway, but it will annoy me sitting on the work car park looking like I didn’t clean it this weekend. On the other hand, I’d much rather drive the GTI than a manual 1.2 Polo!  Gah.  :laugh:

HAHAHAAA, this is me!!!

Decision time! I’m going to take the... GTI  :evil:
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 13 October 2019, 13:31 »
Right one

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 13 October 2019, 15:38 »
Once a week, subject to weather. Matters not whether car is 10 months old or 10 years - same treatment.

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 13 October 2019, 19:31 »
This forum is quite therapeutic. I’d started to question my own sanity. It’s reassuring that I’m not alone!

No, you're just part of a Forum full of weirdos...

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 14 October 2019, 10:09 »
If I could I would wash and wax my car every week, however weather and an ever expanding list of jobs around the house combined with building a Caterham for my mate are taking its toll on that.
When I do wash, it’s a power wash, Devils Breath on the wheels, Demon Shine foam, power wash again, wash with Meguiars Wash & Wax using 2 bucket method and then dry with a Meguiars towel and a wax with Meguiars fast wax - job done. Rain bounces off and really beads.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 14 October 2019, 21:40 »
I used to mess about with pressure washer, 2 bucket method etc but switched to Optimum No Rinse and their Big Red Sponge method and I'm getting better results in literally half the time and using far less water in the process. Roughly 6 months in and still no swirl marks. Felt very alien at first but I'm fully converted now.

ONR (45ml)
BRS
10l water (1 bucket)
Klin Korea drying towel

I'll pre-wash using Bilt Hamber auto-foam during winter via pump sprayer.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 15 October 2019, 09:14 »
I used to mess about with pressure washer, 2 bucket method etc but switched to Optimum No Rinse and their Big Red Sponge method and I'm getting better results in literally half the time and using far less water in the process. Roughly 6 months in and still no swirl marks. Felt very alien at first but I'm fully converted now.

ONR (45ml)
BRS
10l water (1 bucket)
Klin Korea drying towel

I'll pre-wash using Bilt Hamber auto-foam during winter via pump sprayer.

Interested to find out more about this, especially as you have a black car!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey