Author Topic: Should i rotate tyres?  (Read 4005 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
Re: Should i rotate tyres?
« Reply #10 on: 18 May 2008, 10:05 »
are you on 18's ?, i got quite a good deal on a set of F1 asymetrics

....Yes, on Monza 18's :cool:

Are you saying you've got some for sale as "quite a good deal", or telling us you gained a good deal for yourself?

What price was the deal if you don't mind telling, please? :smiley:
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 18 May 2008, 10:05 »
are you on 18's ?, i got quite a good deal on a set of F1 asymetrics

....Yes, on Monza 18's :cool:

Are you saying you've got some for sale as "quite a good deal", or telling us you gained a good deal for yourself?

What price was the deal if you don't mind telling, please? :smiley:

i got a good deal (as in a bought them), they cost me £320 for the 4 (not fitted)

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 18 May 2008, 13:23 »
....That deal is buy 3 and get 1 free. I believe the usual price is about £110 per corner.

And what do you think of the new assymetrics? How many have you done on them so far? :smiley:

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2008, 13:30 »
....That deal is buy 3 and get 1 free. I believe the usual price is about £110 per corner.

And what do you think of the new assymetrics? How many have you done on them so far? :smiley:

i havnt had the fitted yet, my OEM tyres are like new, i bought the F1's to go onto my spare set of alloys  :embarassed:  :laugh:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2008, 13:53 »
So i take it by what you said RR that I should not bother swapping the fronts to the back then??? i dont think this will be a big problem as the wear on all four seems to be quite even.. If not the front wearing marginally more than the back. Its just a little more painful paying for 4 new ones in one go! :embarassed:

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 18 May 2008, 14:22 »
So i take it by what you said RR that I should not bother swapping the fronts to the back then?? i dont think this will be a big problem as the wear on all four seems to be quite even.. If not the front wearing marginally more than the back. Its just a little more painful paying for 4 new ones in one go! :embarassed:

....As I understood it, on the 4WD R32 you shouldn't mix tyres, even between paired axles - So always have the same tyre versions on all 4 corners. However, I don't know about how important it is to have the deeper tread on front or on rear axle on the R32. Isn't the R32 mostly FWD but the 4WD comes in as needed?

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 18 May 2008, 14:48 »
So i take it by what you said RR that I should not bother swapping the fronts to the back then?? i dont think this will be a big problem as the wear on all four seems to be quite even.. If not the front wearing marginally more than the back. Its just a little more painful paying for 4 new ones in one go! :embarassed:

....As I understood it, on the 4WD R32 you shouldn't mix tyres, even between paired axles - So always have the same tyre versions on all 4 corners. However, I don't know about how important it is to have the deeper tread on front or on rear axle on the R32. Isn't the R32 mostly FWD but the 4WD comes in as needed?

From what I understand thats correct. i dont suppose it really matters what has the most tread as if there is any loss of traction the power is shifted around accordingly from what I understand. i do know that if my fronts were to loose traction and power was shifted to the back, the last thing I would wan tis for them to be more worn than the fronts!

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 18 May 2008, 14:54 »

From what I understand thats correct. i dont suppose it really matters what has the most tread as if there is any loss of traction the power is shifted around accordingly from what I understand. i do know that if my fronts were to loose traction and power was shifted to the back, the last thing I would wan tis for them to be more worn than the fronts!

....So I think we can safely conclude that both the GTI and R32 handle better with deeper tread on the rears. :cool: