Author Topic: turbo pipe problems..  (Read 2148 times)

jamie16v

turbo pipe problems..
« on: 15 April 2010, 20:39 »
now i have my intercooler i am having problems with the fitting of my DV which in turn i am having running problems.
what i have noticed is that my standard turbo intake pipe is the wrong one for the fitment of my IC piping kit which makes the DV sit too close to the turbo outlet pipe. i am therefore unable to connect my dv in recirculation mode so its just running on the turbo outlet side to hold boost.. (makes a loud wwhhtssshh noise though..
it appears to run rich as i get a backfire when i let off the throttle once given a rev..
here is the type of pipe i have fitted at the moment you can see the diverter valve sits left on the pipe and the breather pipe sits to the right.  (picture is illustration only,  not my engine bay, disregard the help tags)

now i have looked at the guide on vortex  ( http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3172487&page=1 ) and can see that this is the pipe i need but am unsure what engine its off and what part number it is..

as you can see the DV sits on the right giving more room to go to the turbo outlet pipe and the breather sits on the left with this set up.
please help with this one as i really need it running right.
cheers, jamie.
« Last Edit: 15 April 2010, 20:44 by jamie16v »

jamie16v

Re: turbo pipe problems..
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2010, 20:58 »
by the way, incase you cant get the picture, in the top pic the DV hole is capped with a bit of bent over pipe to "delete" it and on the bottom pic the DV hole has tissue stuffed into it to stop anything from falling into it while they are doing the install.

Offline james2

• I live here
  • No scammers please.
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2010, 01:29 »
it looks close but cant you connect you diverter valve to your boost pipe first then try and get your boost pipe in and at the same time the diverter valve........if you know what i mean ..use a small length of blue silicon hose to connect your boost pipe to a forge 007 diverter valve would look nice to.. :drool:
AGU 1.8T. Mods done: R32 front bumper, turborev smic, ngk platinum spark plugs, uprated pancake pipe, demon motorsport boost hoses, forge 007 dv, forge engine cover, r-tec stage 1 map ,home made cold airfilter ,run on 98 ron fuel and castrol edge 0w 40 oil. Advanti racing alloys.

jamie16v

« Reply #3 on: 16 April 2010, 14:01 »
what i ended up doing was cutting one of the ports off my old bosch DV and glueing it onto the breather thingy to make that port larger, so i fitted the breather to where the DV was supposed to go and then fitted the DV to where the breather was supposed to go but had to force it in as it was like a virgin.. :smiley: