Author Topic: Lowering springs  (Read 4942 times)

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
Re: Lowering springs
« Reply #10 on: 25 March 2020, 22:19 »
I had Eibach and DCC and to be honest I thought it improved each setting by making the difference between comfort, normal and sport much more noticeable.

I did have a shock prematurely fail on me which I believe was down to the lowering springs, I'm now back standard.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #11 on: 26 March 2020, 18:04 »
Apparently you can still lower a bit with DCC without it affecting reliability to any major extent.

I'd stick with Eibachs 100%, which ones (pro kit or sportlines) are up to you. Sportlines lower a bit more on the front but have a little less comfort.

I've got sportlines and don't mind them but some might find them a little too hard - it's all subjective though. If you've got DCC, I'd stick to the pro kit.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline gixerste

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 26 March 2020, 19:13 »
Thanks for all your replys looks like Eibachs when I get round to lowering it :smiley:
Indium grey D.S.G. Mk7.5GTI pp

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 26 March 2020, 20:33 »
Apparently you can still lower a bit with DCC without it affecting reliability to any major extent.

Not in my experience.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #14 on: 27 March 2020, 00:10 »

Not in my experience.

Depends how far you lower Eibach pro kit lower a tiny amount.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 27 March 2020, 16:20 »

Not in my experience.

Depends how far you lower Eibach pro kit lower a tiny amount.

It was the pro kit that I used. It may have just been a coincidence but as with any stock damper they're not designed for aftermarket lowering springs.

If it wasn't for the annoying creak and the leaking damper I would've still had them on the car because they were exactly what I was after whilst still keeping OEM levels of comfort.

Offline gogs13

• Just got here
« Reply #16 on: 15 April 2020, 18:33 »
Just lowered my TCR with Eibach Pro Kit springs, and looks a lot better now and no apparent difference in ride. Very pleased with them so far.
« Last Edit: 15 April 2020, 18:36 by gogs13 »

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 26 April 2020, 15:47 »
Eibach here too, put off by a handful of VWR reviews. If you shop around you can pick up Eibach Pro for £120 or so

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 27 April 2020, 09:20 »
Just lowered my TCR with Eibach Pro Kit springs, and looks a lot better now and no apparent difference in ride. Very pleased with them so far.

How far did it lower?  Be good to see some pictures of it if you have any?

Not sure I could get away with lowering mine as have to go up over the path before down on to my drive so as I am half way over the path I already get pretty low to the pavement...
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 27 April 2020, 09:23 »
Eibach Pro on my 2013, this photo was taken recently so they've been on for more than a year and definitely settled  :smiley: