Author Topic: 5 years ago today…  (Read 1111 times)

Online Adam T7

• I live here
5 years ago today…
« on: 21 December 2023, 07:15 »
I picked up my GTI from local dealer. 5 years and 23k miles later, 3 straight MOT passes with no advisories, still a fantastic car. Just over 5 years since I joined this website, one of the better car groups I’ve been a member of👍
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
Re: 5 years ago today…
« Reply #1 on: 21 December 2023, 13:46 »
Happy 5th carversary, Adam.

Mine tomorrow.

I can remember the month and year I bought all of my cars- some I remember the exact date.

This golf probably the most memorable purchase.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 21 December 2023, 13:48 »
Nice Op

I've had one and come back to one after a few years break can't disagree with anything you say. Helpfull Knowledgeable group of forum members too.

I don't use our car for work but still racked up 12,000 miles for fun driving holidays in less that 12 months :wink:

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 21 December 2023, 18:02 »
My PP is at the 5 year mark on 28th of this month. Seems like only 5 minutes since i used to track the boat across the water to Grimsby and then by road onto Manchester. Waited 6 months from order to delivery but it was worth it. Absolutely love the car and even now still admire how the Isaac blue colour keeps changing from different shades of Blue to Grey when the Sun shines albeit thats not very often here in Manchester.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2023, 19:20 »
I picked up my GTI from local dealer. 5 years and 23k miles later, 3 straight MOT passes with no advisories, still a fantastic car. Just over 5 years since I joined this website, the finest bunch of people ever 👍🏻

Corrected it for you, happy anniversary! 😁
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Online Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 21 December 2023, 19:21 »
My PP is at the 5 year mark on 28th of this month. Seems like only 5 minutes since i used to track the boat across the water to Grimsby and then by road onto Manchester. Waited 6 months from order to delivery but it was worth it. Absolutely love the car and even now still admire how the Isaac blue colour keeps changing from different shades of Blue to Grey when the Sun shines albeit thats not very often here in Manchester.

Your experience sounds like mine, ordered in June, waited 6 months to be delivered to Stockport, they could have been on the same ship😂
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Online Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 21 December 2023, 19:22 »
I picked up my GTI from local dealer. 5 years and 23k miles later, 3 straight MOT passes with no advisories, still a fantastic car. Just over 5 years since I joined this website, the finest bunch of people ever 👍🏻

Corrected it for you, happy anniversary! 😁
👍

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 21 December 2023, 21:11 »

It’s a great colour Isaac blue. I came within a whisker of ordering indium grey but changed to blue when my brother saw the blue demonstrator at our local dealer.

It is a moody colour- changes according to the light.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 25 December 2023, 08:44 »
I picked up my GTI from local dealer. 5 years and 23k miles later, 3 straight MOT passes with no advisories, still a fantastic car. Just over 5 years since I joined this website, one of the better car groups I’ve been a member of👍

Congratulations. Celebratory wash, wax and vac?  :smiley: I remember picking up my first GTI, a 6 in 2010. I suspect I'm never going to change from the cars we have and will be one of those old timers steadfastly refusing to go quietly into the night.

I agree on the forum community, lot of helpful and friendly folk here and I've tried to reciprocate over the years.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR