Author Topic: Making the most out of a bad situation  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Making the most out of a bad situation
« on: 11 June 2013, 23:01 »
Just wanted to post some positive news for a change.

After last weeks hellish debacle over my order cock-up and supplying dealer kicking me into touch, see here:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=254909.0

I've now got rid of Broadspeed (fully cancelled my order), requested a full refund, secured a new dealer and placed order no.2 for exactly the same car at a better price. Amen!

I must single out special praise for master_hayabusa who has supported me enormously with all this. He went out of his way to help me. A true gent.

So, although its gutting to have wasted over two months with my first order and got really upset and angry at what happened - let's hope this one runs smoothly. It's gonna be 18 weeks but I've mentally readjusted, hit reset and dug in for the long haul.
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: Making the most out of a bad situation
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2013, 23:04 »
Good decision!!  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2013, 23:19 »
Good news! 8)

Thumbs up to mh too! :afro:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2013, 00:18 »

I must single out special praise for master_hayabusa who has supported me enormously with all this. He went out of his way to help me. A true gent.

You're most welcome Hawaii-Five-O. I'm glad I could be of assistance. This forum is the best GTI/GTD community on the net and the members here have really helped me in making key decisions when choosing my GTI and its future keeping.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2013, 08:30 »
Good on you bud, you know you really wanted it  :laugh:

In any case, with the delivery times being banded about, you will still probably only be 3-4 weeks behind those of us with our orders still in place from March and April !!
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2013, 08:42 »
Good news! And a monetary saving as well, excellent stuff!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2013, 12:18 »
Yeah great outcome!!! You wouldn't have been happy with anything else..
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Jules Winfield

« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2013, 16:05 »
Glad to see you've got it sorted out.  And good luck with your new order - hopefully it will be plain sailing.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 12 June 2013, 16:10 »
Sounds like good news all round  :smiley:
An extra bit of wait maybe but if the original car wouldn't turn up before the autumn then you won't miss much driving enjoyment so may as well wait a tiny bit longer and have a happier outcome.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner