Author Topic: ordered my golf gti today  (Read 2250 times)

Offline gtiharry

• Not said much yet
ordered my golf gti today
« on: 09 June 2013, 20:49 »
went into the dealers today and ordered a black golf gti with vienna leather and the better wheels, when do you think it should be at my door? great into on here by the way

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: ordered my golf gti today
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2013, 21:02 »
Very hard to predict at this point.  With no other information I'd assume 20 weeks, but could be faster.

Did the dealer not give you any estimates or other information on lead times?

Offline Manchester6

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 09 June 2013, 23:31 »
Well I went into Inchcape Manchester for my test drive today, he said they got an allocation of 16 and they were all gone before they got their demo car. He said if I ordered today He would hope for a 2013 delivery but could not guarentee it as they would have to look at other branches within the group to use their allocation. So you will be looking at the back end of the year.
MK7, 3 Door Manual, Solid Black, GTD on Order.

Offline gtiharry

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2013, 08:10 »
he is ringing me today hopefully, will let you guys know

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 10 June 2013, 10:13 »
I went in to my local dealer on saturday to test drive and place an order, he told me it would be December for delivery, by pure luck he noticed their sister branch had an order for a car to stock with a build first week in September, the status of the order was a code 10 which enabled me to change the spec to exactly what I wanted, fingers crossed now for October delivery.

I got the impression at first that they have no idea of a delivery date of new orders until the factory decided what build week they are allocated, so you have to pay your deposit and wait.
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline gtiharry

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 10 June 2013, 16:33 »
how are people seeing what their build dates are online, can somone send me the link or direct me, dealer rang today and told me he will let me know build dates before the end of the week

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #6 on: 10 June 2013, 16:41 »
how are people seeing what their build dates are online, can somone send me the link or direct me, dealer rang today and told me he will let me know build dates before the end of the week

You can't see the date online.  You can see the stage it is at however.  Go here:
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order

Enter your order number in the top right.  Your order number should be on the order forum you signed at the dealer (or via the post) and is in the format "2322xxxx" (that is mine with the second half redacted).

It will show you which stage you are in.  Stages are:
  • Processing
  • Build Week Confirmed
  • In Transit
  • Arrived In UK
  • Your Car Has Arrived

It should switch over to "Build Week Confirmed" approximately 4 weeks before the build week.  So, if you note down the date it switches you should be able to tell when it will be built (approximately).  At this point the dealer should be able to tell you anyway.

Yes the website is crap and unreliable, yes it could be so much better...

Offline gtiharry

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 10 June 2013, 17:28 »
thanks bill