Author Topic: Custom Colour  (Read 3968 times)

Offline Marcus007

• Not said much yet
Custom Colour
« on: 08 June 2013, 06:50 »
Do VW offer a custom colour service on the GTI similar to that offered by Audi. The GTI is probably going to be my next car but none of the standard colours do it for me, thanks.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Custom Colour
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2013, 07:32 »
They do for "zee jeermans". Look on Volkswagen.de, go to their configurator (using google chrome browser is easiest so you can translate, unless German is a second language to you). There are 24 additional colours - a range of reds, blues, yellows, greys and greens in the range of 1720 euros to 2140 euros. Whether VW UK would allow you to spec for a UK market order is another matter. Hopefully you'd be able to find quite a few of those colours on other cars in the VW range so you can visualise them "in the flesh" (albeit on a different car).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Murrayedition35

• I live here
  • Edition 35 3dr Manual - Deep Black.
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2013, 08:48 »
I asked the dealer when i ordered my ED35 and they were told no, just the standard colours... :angry:

Offline SF-GTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2013, 09:03 »
Did you have something in mind Marcus?

Offline Marcus007

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 08 June 2013, 11:15 »
A lighter metallic blue maybe like estoril blue on some of the bmws.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 08 June 2013, 11:30 »
A lighter metallic blue maybe like estoril blue on some of the bmws.

So basically this?

;)

Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Marcus007

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2013, 11:33 »
Jimble you are an absolute genius, that is exactly what I want. When I get back from my hols I am going down to the VW dealership laptop in hand and I will say 'that is what I want, can you do it!!' Thanks very much. What does everyone else think about the colour?

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 08 June 2013, 11:57 »
Jimble you are an absolute genius, that is exactly what I want. When I get back from my hols I am going down to the VW dealership laptop in hand and I will say 'that is what I want, can you do it!!' Thanks very much. What does everyone else think about the colour?

Your welcome, there was quite a bit of talk about that colour when the 7 was shown at the paris motor show and i think most people loved it, myself included but they showed the 6 in the same way but it was never available in the UK. :'(

A few more pics in this thread:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 08 June 2013, 12:31 »

It would be my first colour of choice and I would pay the premium. It's just gorgeous. But you're going to be disappointed mate because VW don't offer it here. Such a shame really.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 08 June 2013, 12:36 »
Marcus007, if the general rule is that you can't have one of the custom colours, then there have been exceptions to this in the past. There was a yellow mk6 GTI for sale a couple of years ago which was one of the custom colours available on the mk6 in Germany; pictures in the link below;

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=191592.msg1792098#msg1792098

The thread below includes the list of colours that were available in Germany on the mk6;

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=235625.msg2171593#msg2171593

I really like the blue in the picture posted by Jimble, but don't know if I'd like it enough to pay the equivalent of €1700 or more. Must admit, it does look good though!  :cool:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl