Author Topic: Black Gti/GTD  (Read 4116 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Black Gti/GTD
« Reply #10 on: 06 June 2013, 20:07 »
I like the stripe, and I've had 5 Golfs  :smiley:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 06 June 2013, 20:14 »
I actually like the stripe too. It clearly distinguishes the car from the other golfs in the range.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #12 on: 06 June 2013, 20:21 »
It's probably like the M135i we were discussing earlier... bold, and therefore not to everyone's taste. Haha

That said its actually not really that bold.  Mike did you see a demo in person?  You might find its not in your face enough to put you off.  I wonder how easy it would be to remove for those who can't stand it?

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 06 June 2013, 20:55 »
I feel the same way, i just dont want t upset the people who are getting MK7's....but the red stripe in the lights looks awful...and i think tacky is the right word.

For example, if they didnt come with the red strip OEM, and then an after market version came out with the red strip in....everyone would say it looked sh!te and that its a mod an 18 year old would buy from halfords....

But because it OEM people think it looks ok.

Again, not to dampen the people who are buying ( maybe me in 3 years) but i hope some after market company design some without the stripe....would look a lot cleaner and more elegant
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #14 on: 06 June 2013, 21:01 »
I feel the same way, i just dont want t upset the people who are getting MK7's....but the red stripe in the lights looks awful...and i think tacky is the right word.

For example, if they didnt come with the red strip OEM, and then an after market version came out with the red strip in....everyone would say it looked sh!te and that its a mod an 18 year old would buy from halfords....

Again, not to dampen the people who are buying ( maybe me in 3 years) but i hope some after market company design some without the stripe....would look a lot cleaner and more elegant

Don't worry you won't upset us. That criticism could be levelled at any of the red stripes on any Golf if they were all aftermarket. Who is to say which are tacky and which are not?

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 06 June 2013, 21:16 »

Don't worry you won't upset us. That criticism could be levelled at any of the red stripes on any Golf if they were all aftermarket. Who is to say which are tacky and which are not?

Yeah your right...its all down to personal opinion i think...
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)