Author Topic: Black Gti/GTD  (Read 4114 times)

Offline Manchester6

• Just got here
Black Gti/GTD
« on: 05 June 2013, 23:41 »
Have looked all over the net/forum cant see any pics of a black gti/gtd, if anybody has or gets any pics soon please post in this thread! Realise the blue, white and red seem to be demo cars but with european countries now taking delivery the odd black one might pop up!

Before people link vids, ive seen black in vids just not pictures which show the car off better!

Thanks in advance!
MK7, 3 Door Manual, Solid Black, GTD on Order.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: Black Gti/GTD
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2013, 23:42 »
Have looked all over the net/forum cant see any pics of a black gti/gtd, if anybody has or gets any pics soon please post in this thread! Realise the blue, white and red seem to be demo cars but with european countries now taking delivery the odd black one might pop up!

Before people link vids, ive seen black in vids just not pictures which show the car off better!

Thanks in advance!

Black as opposed to Deep Black Pearl?

EDIT:
I'm sure I've seen some pics on a German dealer site.  I'll see if I can find.
« Last Edit: 05 June 2013, 23:46 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Last Edit: 06 June 2013, 00:01 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2013, 00:03 »
good find bill. Great outdoor pictures :)

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2013, 10:31 »
I think the interior (mainly the center console and stereo) is no where near as good looking as the MK6, the satnav parts look pretty cheap.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2013, 11:24 »
I think the interior (mainly the center console and stereo) is no where near as good looking as the MK6, the satnav parts look pretty cheap.

Have you got in one?  I would say the exact opposite to this.  The MFD, the sat nav and the steering wheel are all a lot better quality than the mk6.  Other parts seem to be the exact same ones used on the mk6, though I haven't paid too much attention to checking everything against a mk6 to be fair!  Certainly nothing is worse quality though.

What makes you say it looks cheap?

EDIT:
Sorry I see you said 'good looking' rather than quality.  I read into that too much!  Sat nav does not feel cheap though (talking about 8" version) its high quality.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 06 June 2013, 12:59 »

Have you got in one?  I would say the exact opposite to this.  The MFD, the sat nav and the steering wheel are all a lot better quality than the mk6.  Other parts seem to be the exact same ones used on the mk6, though I haven't paid too much attention to checking everything against a mk6 to be fair!  Certainly nothing is worse quality though.

What makes you say it looks cheap?

EDIT:
Sorry I see you said 'good looking' rather than quality.  I read into that too much!  Sat nav does not feel cheap though (talking about 8" version) its high quality.

Maybe i shouldnt comment till i actually sit in one, just the satNav buttons / layout doesnt look as clean as the RNS510 from the pictures,

Is looks too luch like my mates Skoda VRs head unit
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 06 June 2013, 13:29 »

I can assure you that having owned a mk 5 and mk 6, the mk 7 is an improvement on the mk 6.  Not as big a leap forward that the 6 was over the 5, but a noticeable step forward nonetheless - IMO.  :smiley:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 06 June 2013, 19:33 »
Thats the first black one I have seen but I still have a major problem with the car.
I have owned a MK2, MK4, MK5 and MK6 GTI and had fully intended to get a MK7 but...
that red stripe under the  lights looks so tacky and just ruins the front of the car, the GTD looks better.
Whoever I show a picture of the front of the car to, VW fan or not, agrees.
Even the blue one I test drove doesn't look right, my mum's SE with Xenons looks much nicer.
Hopefully the R doesn't have it as that might be the way I am going..
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 06 June 2013, 19:42 »
Not quite sure what tacky means  :sad:.  It looks silly you mean?  I doubt the R will have a red or other coloured strip.  Might have a silver one or something I suppose.