Author Topic: Colour conundrum!!  (Read 6513 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: Colour conundrum!!
« Reply #10 on: 28 May 2013, 08:53 »
I think the blue is really nice.  Much much rarer than white which near 50% of people have picked.  I considered changing from white to blue, but in the end stuck with the white.

Personally, I find the only colours to suit a GTI are red, black or white.  White is most popular because it is generally seen as the colour that suits it best and makes all the accents stand out.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 28 May 2013, 13:49 »
I think the blue is really nice.  Much much rarer than white which near 50% of people have picked.  I considered changing from white to blue, but in the end stuck with the white.

Personally, I find the only colours to suit a GTI are red, black or white.  White is most popular because it is generally seen as the colour that suits it best and makes all the accents stand out.

I Kind of agree, though I would feel different if Viper Green was available, or Rising Blue for that matter.

Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Flintymutt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 29 May 2013, 21:31 »
Current data

51% Pure White
16% Tornado Red
16% Carbon Steel
7% Night Blue
7% Black Pearl
2% Silver

Carbon Steel? Why is this not showing on the Configurator?

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 29 May 2013, 21:33 »
Current data

51% Pure White
16% Tornado Red
16% Carbon Steel
7% Night Blue
7% Black Pearl
2% Silver

Carbon Steel? Why is this not showing on the Configurator?

The configurator is mince. It is available if you ask your dealership

Offline NickNotts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 29 May 2013, 21:39 »
I have a driving video too. Will try to upload that one soon.

Here's is a short clip of the dealership's designated driver taking the car back after my test drive. He was really spanking the car earlier lol. He said it's one of the best cars he's driven and definitely the best golf he's ever driven.

I love the reverse light design on the gti. Love the sound it makes as he pulls out.

http://youtu.be/xpbbcHC5e4c

I think the Night Blue in the video actually looks awesome!  :laugh:

Offline Flintymutt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 29 May 2013, 21:41 »
Why no Rising Blue? That's just the best colour ever. Similar to the DBP on my MK5 R32. That looked the dogs baubles!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 29 May 2013, 21:50 »
Why no Rising Blue? That's just the best colour ever. Similar to the DBP on my MK5 R32. That looked the dogs baubles!

Never been available on the Golf unless it's an R or silly money special order. :sick:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Flintymutt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 29 May 2013, 21:56 »

Never been available on the Golf unless it's an R or silly money special order. :sick:

Silly money special order you say?! Mmmmmmmmmm!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 29 May 2013, 21:59 »

Silly money special order you say?! Mmmmmmmmmm!

Yeah, i'm sure it was something like 2000 euros! :sick:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 30 May 2013, 08:07 »

Rising Blue - the colour of my Scirocco. Not sure i'd order it for my GTD though, much as I like the colour. I have only ever associated that shade on a Golf if it is an R32, I feel like it wouldn't look right on any other Golf than an R.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.