Author Topic: Considering cancelling my order......  (Read 26939 times)

Jules Winfield

Re: Considering cancelling my order......
« Reply #20 on: 22 May 2013, 11:08 »
Why don't these companies get their act together??

1. It takes effort.
2. It costs money.
3. People buy their products anyway.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 22 May 2013, 11:11 »
Heated seats/winter pack are an option with cloth, the website is incorrect, again.
If I thought for one second that the website was accurate and you couldn't have cloth with heated seats then I too would cancel.

GolfTi, totally agree with the information on the website being crap, that's why I didn't take it as gospel and instead spoke to my contact at VW customer services. Fully expected them to say that it was an error on the site, but they didn't and just said they thought it had been dropped but wasn't 100% certain.

So the point is, if VW UK - the importing company and sister company of the vehicle manufacturer in Germany doesn't know the answer, what chance have us punters got ?
« Last Edit: 22 May 2013, 11:14 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 22 May 2013, 11:32 »
There's no excusing VW UKs incompetence, but I'm sure with every new launch you'd expect a level of confusion & disarray...be it a new restaurant, new build or new smart phone.

If I was in your position I'm sure I'd be feeling the exact way and I too would be tempted to pull out of the deal.  However there's no getting away from the fact the Mk7 GTD (&Polo) are probably the best hatches in their class at the moment. So don't let your frustrations & anger cloud your judgement & just stick with it.

I'm sure once you're behind the wheel of your new GTD you'll feel a lot different.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2013, 11:43 »

I'm sure once you're behind the wheel of your new GTD you'll feel a lot different.

Yeah, and 2014 is whole new year  :grin:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 22 May 2013, 12:26 »

Yeah, and 2014 is whole new year  :grin:

Hahaha.... :grin: I'm sure that's gonna help matters!!!!  :grin:

Well you know what they say..."All good things come to those that wait!"
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #25 on: 22 May 2013, 12:40 »
Well you know what they say..."All good things come to those that wait!"

I heard this from some kind of alcoholic beverage back in the day.  I don't remember the entire story or the evidence to support it, but flush with enthusiasm I've been waiting for a letter to come through my door informing me I've won the lottery for years.  All that arrives are more tax bills.

However, I still live in hope.  TV ads don't sell you false hopes or lie about reality, why would they?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 22 May 2013, 12:47 »
I wonder with the winter pack option if youve already placed your order before theyve changed the configurator if they will honour the order. Surely its the same if you ordered before the 1st may price increases you get what you ordered at that point in time at the price. If not i either want free leather for the heated option or i will cancel and buy something else.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #27 on: 22 May 2013, 13:04 »
Hang on in there Andrew! Don't give up just yet matey & don't do anything hasty which you'll regret later :cry: :undecided:

VW UK - New Customer Sales Counselling Website (coming soon)
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 22 May 2013, 13:17 »
Heated seats are standard with leather upholstery anyway.

Xenons come with headlight washers.

So the winter pack is essentially charging you £300 or whatever it is for a heated washer system. Which is rectified with anti freeze.
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 22 May 2013, 13:18 »
Hang on in there Andrew! Don't give up just yet matey & don't do anything hasty which you'll regret later :cry: :undecided:

VW UK - New Customer Sales Counselling Website (coming soon)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:, TBH, it's only the banter of people on here that's making this whole fiasco semi bearable !

Oh, and whilst I'm in a ranting mood  :grin:, assuming I did go for leather (just for arguments sake - I actually won't), what the hell does the £265.00 for "Winter Pack with Leather" actually buy you ?

As I see it, the car has Xenons, which means by law, it has to come with headlight washers and low washer fluid warning as standard. Leather automatically gives you heated seats, so what left..... Don't tell me that £265 is just for heated washer jets !!!
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras