Author Topic: Some GTI Pics  (Read 45064 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Some GTI Pics
« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2013, 04:53 »
Hope the water drains out if those mirrors better than the mk6  :laugh:

I'm on holiday at the moment and I've seen more mk7 down here than I have mk6 back home, must've had a sale on in Devon!  :whistle:

There are loads of MK7s around here you're right!! I think most of them are hire cars but I do see an awful lot around Devon.

Nice find GerryD btw, interesting to see one in that colour too.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2013, 09:15 »
Nice find... must be the first one in Northern Ireland... now to press my dealer for a test drive... even if it is a GTI  :grin:

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 21 May 2013, 17:20 »
Here's an odd question for you then.

N.Ireland are same spec as UK.

We saw the bulletin from VW saying all cars built before build week 22, will not have ADC but Cruise Control instead (this would tie in with this car as it would have been built before week 22, next week).

So, will this car be 5x insurance groups higher to insure as it does not come with the ADC, that is supposed to make the insurance lower????  :undecided:

And also, why would the cars before build week 22 not come with it? All the test cars for the press launch had it fitted, so its not a supply or tech issue you would think?

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 21 May 2013, 17:27 »
Here's an odd question for you then.

N.Ireland are same spec as UK.

We saw the bulletin from VW saying all cars built before build week 22, will not have ADC but Cruise Control instead (this would tie in with this car as it would have been built before week 22, next week).

So, will this car be 5x insurance groups higher to insure as it does not come with the ADC, that is supposed to make the insurance lower????  :undecided:

And also, why would the cars before build week 22 not come with it? All the test cars for the press launch had it fitted, so its not a supply or tech issue you would think?

Dave

They'll be quite hard to sell on once demo duties are done with some half arsed non UK spec.

I remember a few years ago my mrs was buying a Polo and was offered choice of 12 Polo Match's of various colours 3/5dr etc, none of which had AirCon yet the Match was supposed to have AirCon.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #14 on: 21 May 2013, 17:48 »

If you bought one of these I guess that unless you told the insurance company that your car was an early build and didn't have ADC then they would have no idea.  I doubt they separate the mk7 into groups by MY, does anyone know to the contrary?

Anyway, even if you do tell them there is no ADC I expect they'll just ignore it.  The sales reps are told what to do by their computers so even if you explain to them that you should have to pay more as your car should be in a higher group than most other mk7s they're just going to say "its a mk7... so its group X".

I can't see any circumstances where you'd engage them in this discussion anyway.  You're just an average joe right?  How are you supposed to know most other mk7s have a box on the front, or what its significance to safety is, or that it affects insurance, or that the insurance company don't know about it?  Its not your job to decide for them what insurance group your car should be in, thats their own system.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 21 May 2013, 17:53 »
It'll work from the reg plate which will probably be in the insurance databases. they'll know they always do  :tongue:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #16 on: 21 May 2013, 18:06 »
It'll work from the reg plate which will probably be in the insurance databases. they'll know they always do  :tongue:

Yeah I know they can run the reg plate, I'm just saying I doubt there will be a separate category for "non ADC equipped Golf GTI".  Do you think there will be?  To my mind that would require a lot of awareness, foresight and planning for a relatively few numbers of cars.  And who is going to be informing the insurers of which cars have ADC and which do not?  They'd have to get the manufacturer to do that so further complication.  I wonder if VW even have an easy to frequently access database that would contain such information.  Its unlikely to be a priority for them.  They must be able to get at that data but in a way that integrates easily with the insurers?  I'm sceptical.

Chances are the costs involved with separating out the non-ADC cars from the ADC cars are larger than the potential additional income they would gain from doing that.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2013, 18:09 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 21 May 2013, 18:25 »
Can the ADC be turned off?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 21 May 2013, 19:26 »
How ironic. I was driving down the M18 yesterday afternoon and went past a car transporter with a Mk7 GTi on the back in that very same blue. I spotted the GTi badge on the grille first as it was pointing backwards out of e back of the transporter. Otherwise, you could barely spot the red stripe. Liked those wheels though.
I would machine it had come off the boat at Hull so at least you boys know there's a supply of them coming into the country.
Me? 3 years yet before I'll be car shopping again.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 21 May 2013, 19:42 »
I wonder if VW are putting out the demos in the colour they perceive to be unpopular for GTI/GTD hoping that maybe if people see them in the flesh they won't be limiting themselves to the most popular Tornado Red, Pure White, Carbon Grey and Deep Black Pearl.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.