Author Topic: Premium phone kit option. Anyone gone for it?  (Read 5788 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: Premium phone kit option. Anyone gone for it?
« Reply #20 on: 12 June 2013, 13:30 »
The Discover Nav Pro comes with TMC Pro, is that not what the car was using ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 12 June 2013, 13:37 »
Ive ordered the nav pro and apart from the phone connecting to the roof aerial i cant see what else you would need. If you can get a good enough reception from your own phone network then surely it would work, or am i missing something? Looks like a good idea that you can get google maps etc as youd never need to pay for your map updates after the three years has expired.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #22 on: 12 June 2013, 13:53 »
rSap effectively copies your SIM card details into the car, the car then makes the calls and data connections instead of the phone.
This allows the car to make data connections to retrieve the internet data using your account with the network provider.

It remains to be seen if the car can connect and use data via the phone without the rSap - i.e. via a Bluetooth or WLAN connection to the phone.

I have the Nav Pro coming without the advanced phone - so I'm hoping I can get it working.

MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 12 June 2013, 13:58 »
If its only a case of the phone not connecting to the roof mounted aerial then if you can get a good enough signal on your phone then it shouldnt be a problem.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 12 June 2013, 14:46 »
There are also some changes to the Infotainment hardware as the Car Net / Premium phone prep units ship with a third slot in-between the 2 SD card slots in the glove box, which is the Sim card slot. I would wager there's also additional hardware and software inside this module to handle the creation of the WLAN network as well as the protocols for network streaming to the headunit that the standard Discover Pro Nav doesn't have.

Don't think it will be as simple as a quick bit of coding somehow which is probably why Car-Net is only available with premium phone package in Germany.
« Last Edit: 12 June 2013, 15:15 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 12 June 2013, 15:13 »
hmm your right it probably wont work properly over here anyway  :grin:

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 12 June 2013, 15:16 »
It's one of those options that we've lived without all our lives, but now it's available we all want it and can't do without  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 12 June 2013, 15:17 »
It's one of those options that we've lived without all our lives, but now it's available we all want it and can't do without  :grin: :grin: :grin:
:grin: :laugh: :grin: