Author Topic: Windscreen repair - deep scratch  (Read 2754 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Windscreen repair - deep scratch
« Reply #10 on: 27 February 2012, 08:33 »
Sorry to hijack, but is there any real way of removing scratches from windows? I've got a few where old grit and stuff has obviously got trapped in the lower window seal, so have vertical scratches where the windows have gone up and down in the past.  :rolleyes:

You can polish with cerium oxide - but it's not guaranteed. I've had some success. Same rule of thumb as paintwork; if you can feel it with your nail, it's too deep. If not, then it could polish out.

+1

Oh and a decent amount of time + patience.

and luck... glass polishing is a bit of a lottery.. due to the temperatures generated you are likely to shatter about 10% of the glass polished... you have to do it in short batches

also... where you polish will leave an indentation on the glass which will give optical aberration

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 27 February 2012, 11:07 »
You sure it's not actualy a crack that gave way with the cold temps?  :wink:

Sounds like it could be to me :grin:

there is absolutely no way that this forum could endorse such unethical behaviour

I have heard of people using a hammer and punch to replicate a severe stone chip on a windscreen which is despicable.

Offline tg1

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 01 March 2012, 23:52 »
yeah just bash it any old how and tell them its vandalism. best to leave out the self inflicted part

:laugh: :lipsrsealed: :rolleyes:

dont do it mind