Author Topic: *****ATTENTION - "White" GTI and GT owners*****  (Read 9084 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: *****ATTENTION - "White" GTI and GT owners*****
« Reply #40 on: 14 October 2009, 22:59 »
Yeah fairy liquid will take all the protection off the car that is why cars shouldn't be washed with it.

Snowfoam only last for 10 minutes if you are lucky so doubt it would be that.

If you aren't already a member, then join http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php or at least just browse. But they are so helpful over there. Personally I would have got one of those guys to fix the car and then billed the garage.
« Last Edit: 15 October 2009, 00:26 by p3asa »
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline bruin3182

• Not said much yet
« Reply #41 on: 15 October 2009, 00:18 »
That's what I wanted to do  - But the garage said NO!! We are experts!!!  :undecided:
Up until the morning of Tuesday 27th October 2009.... A one Month (700 mile old) MkVI GTI - Candy white - 3 door - Zenons - RCD 510 - Dynaudio - Monza Shadows

Offline Golf R

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #42 on: 15 October 2009, 00:24 »
Not sure about 3 door white???

Looks a little like a UU or BT van in the mirror.

I like Minis cream colour.
Mk5 GTI

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #43 on: 15 October 2009, 08:05 »

:grin: wum

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 15 October 2009, 09:12 »

the ones that looks liked someones spunked up over them??  :sick:

that comment just smells of eggbert

Offline Golf R

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #45 on: 15 October 2009, 10:47 »
Cream minis look good.
I also like green new Ford Fiestas.

It would be good if VW offered us a bit more colour choice (Something like BMWs Atlanta Blue would be good)
Mk5 GTI

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 15 October 2009, 14:42 »
I doubt mine looks anything like a van lol

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 17 October 2009, 00:36 »
My MK 5 was covered in specs of contaminates most of them orange. After a bit of research found them to be called rail dust.
Basically once your car has been completed and parked up ready to be shipped off around the world any airborn sh!t floating around sticks to nice fresh soft paint. If its metal it rust and thats the orange colour. I think the name rail dust came from the USA as probably a lot of the cars got transported by rail for obvious reasons so they were parked next to the railway line.
These marks should easily come off with the appropriate type of clay used by a pro detailer as its easy to marr the paintwork if you dont really know what your doing.
I would be going to a detailer of my own choice and then billling VW.  :angry:
As for the stains i cant help you with that but again a pro detailer would be able to remove it if possible. The dealer paint protection stuff is garbage and not worth the money.
As for rejecting the car i dont know the law but i thik you have to give them the chance to put things right first even if it means a total respray.

Good luck.

Offline bruin3182

• Not said much yet
!!
« Reply #48 on: 17 October 2009, 14:44 »
Thanks for all of your help guys.....

The dealer reckons they have sorted out the black specks all over the car BUT they have said the yellow stains on the rear bumper "MUST BE SOMETHING I'VE DRIVEN THROUGH!" and they are therefore NOT going to do anything about it!
Up until the morning of Tuesday 27th October 2009.... A one Month (700 mile old) MkVI GTI - Candy white - 3 door - Zenons - RCD 510 - Dynaudio - Monza Shadows

Offline bruin3182

• Not said much yet
« Reply #49 on: 17 October 2009, 14:46 »
Thanks for all of your help guys.....

The dealer reckons they have sorted out the black specks all over the car BUT they have said the yellow stains on the rear bumper "MUST BE SOMETHING I'VE DRIVEN THROUGH!" and they are therefore NOT going to do anything about it!

I have told them I will not accept the car back until they sort  it out - But, now it's the weekend I can't get hold of any of the managers until Monday!!

I have set up a new post regarding these Yellows bumper stains/marks "White GTI and GT owners I need your help"

Please reply to me on this post from now on!!

Thanks again!