Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 318927 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #910 on: 13 June 2013, 13:15 »
I must say though that as for customer service it's been pretty shoddy. Problem is I want my GTD too much, so it's not like I can threaten them with cancelling my order. I'll end up with a car I don't really want.

I do agree that there is no point cancelling, as they won't care and you'll end up with a car that isn't a GTD or a GTI - and therefore that we will just have to wait!  But some of the stories on here, even Bear's today, are outrageous - and not right.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #911 on: 13 June 2013, 13:16 »
Patience pal  :smiley: Tomorrow will be the day  :wink:

I don't have any patience at the best of times lol! Ah well, all good things come to those who wait!  :rolleyes:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Running Man

« Reply #912 on: 13 June 2013, 13:40 »
Patience pal  :smiley: Tomorrow will be the day  :wink:

I don't have any patience at the best of times lol! Ah well, all good things come to those who wait!  :rolleyes:

Sorry to interrupt you and bear's 'love in' but I wanted to congratulate you on using your common sense and relaxing if only momentarily.  Well Done  :grin:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #913 on: 13 June 2013, 13:42 »
Well.... I don't really see it as moaning and complaining.  I see it as letting off steam to people who will understand.  Ok, perhaps we have been straying towards complaining here.  But it is mentally hard to handle feelings of irritation without an outlet, and since VW don't seem to understand (Lisa is trying but still) the only way to put a smile back on my face is to make a post here and have someone agree!  Can't do that with VW as they DO think we're complaining.  :tongue:

I just wish they could give us some actual information rather than this "wait and see, might come forward, might go back, who knows?" stuff...

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #914 on: 13 June 2013, 13:54 »
Ah, Running Man, back again to troll the thread without actually answering any points directed at you over the last few days.  How we've missed you.  :smiley:
Audi RS5 2018

Running Man

« Reply #915 on: 13 June 2013, 13:59 »
Ah, Running Man, back again to troll the thread without actually answering any points directed at you over the last few days.  How we've missed you.  :smiley:

Remind me what questions?   :smiley:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #916 on: 13 June 2013, 14:06 »
Running Man: so people should just roll over and let VW UK and their dealers walk all over them and treat them like dirt?

You seem oddly passive when it comes to getting decent customer service and standing up for yourself as a consumer, not to mention a bit superior when you pontificate to everyone else about why they're in the wrong and why you're (always) right.  Why is that, precisely? 

People are spending £25000 or more on these cars - are they not entitled to be treated with respect?  Do you think that VW/a dealer throwing their toys out of their pram because of a few emails is acceptable?  Do you think that dealers should be allowed to ditch orders because they can't be bothered dealing with a customer who sends them an email asking why their build week moves seemingly every other day?  I get the impression you do, and that nothing the dealer can do is wrong in your eyes.  People want to be informed - what's wrong with that?

There's a reason why the UK consumer gets shafted by companies such as VW.  People like you are part of that reason.  But you don't see it, which is perplexing.

@RunningMan
Audi RS5 2018

Running Man

« Reply #917 on: 13 June 2013, 14:13 »
Running Man: so people should just roll over and let VW UK and their dealers walk all over them and treat them like dirt?

You seem oddly passive when it comes to getting decent customer service and standing up for yourself as a consumer, not to mention a bit superior when you pontificate to everyone else about why they're in the wrong and why you're (always) right.  Why is that, precisely? 

People are spending £25000 or more on these cars - are they not entitled to be treated with respect?  Do you think that VW/a dealer throwing their toys out of their pram because of a few emails is acceptable?  Do you think that dealers should be allowed to ditch orders because they can't be bothered dealing with a customer who sends them an email asking why their build week moves seemingly every other day?  I get the impression you do, and that nothing the dealer can do is wrong in your eyes.  People want to be informed - what's wrong with that?

There's a reason why the UK consumer gets shafted by companies such as VW.  People like you are part of that reason.  But you don't see it, which is perplexing.

@RunningMan

:whistle: mate, you'll get your car one day and when you have it, you may look back and realise you wasted a lot of time stressing over something that was out of your control and influence.  Relax.......deep breath...I'm worried about you.  Take care buddy  :wink:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #918 on: 13 June 2013, 14:22 »
As pointed out pages ago my friend, I am not worried nor stressed & neither do I think I have wasted my time.  And even if I had, its my time to waste and I do with it what I please.

In fact, it could be pointed out that it is indeed you who has wasted his time, posting these negative comments that no one is listening to.  But to tell you what to do with your own time would be very arrogant of me, and I wouldn't possibly be so far up my own ar7e to do that.

So thanks for your concern, but I'm fine & dandy bud.  :smiley:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #919 on: 13 June 2013, 14:37 »
:whistle: mate, you'll get your car one day and when you have it, you may look back and realise you wasted a lot of time stressing over something that was out of your control and influence.  Relax.......deep breath...I'm worried about you.  Take care buddy  :wink:

:whistle: mate, you'll stop making these kind of posts one day and when you do, you may look back and realise you wasted a lot of time telling others how they should behave which is out of your control and influence.  Relax.......deep breath...Understand that your posts are coming across as patronising, and that is unhelpful.  Take care buddy  :wink: