Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316637 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #900 on: 13 June 2013, 12:30 »
Mine was originally wk37 then moved to wk42 now back to wk39!
Golf GTI - Often Copied, Never Equalled, Never Giving You a Confirmed BW! :tongue:

What is really bloody infuriating is when a week passes and instead of being one week closer to picking up my new car I find I'm one week further from it!  The fact that VWUK seem completely unable to get an answer from Germany on what the hold us is just rubs salt in the wound.  Always blaming it on DSG is easy for them, but makes no logical sense to me.

EDIT:

Maybe this has something to do with the DSG problem reported yesterday Bear, and the recalls on certain gearboxes??

Wait, what is this?  Not heard this...

Has anyone who ordered a DSG got a BW earlier than 37?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #902 on: 13 June 2013, 12:46 »
More VW BS:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motoring/vw-uk-no-dsg-recall-required

It says its specific to "temperate countries" then excludes the UK from requiring the recall.  I think they're confused about what "temperate" means.  Anyway, this is the 7 speed dry box, not the 6 speed wet one the GTI has.

Based on the "fast and fun" car rank in another thread perhaps I should cancel the GTI order and go for a Cayman.  By the time my GTI arrives I'll have saved enough for a Cayman anyway if it continues at this rate!

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #903 on: 13 June 2013, 12:46 »
So I should be getting a confirmed BW this week, as its BW24.  I'm going to hedge my bets and guess I'll be disappointed come close of play on Friday  :cry: :rolleyes:

Me and You Both.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!!! I'm checking my religiously on the hour....EVERY hour...  :grin:

So today's the day!  And my my status is......still processing  :rolleyes: :angry: :cry:

If it makes you feel any better mate, mine is still showing "Processing!".... No matter how many times I hit the 'Submit' button it's not making the slightest bit of difference!  :grin:

I'm horrified with the latest problems concerning the DSG box!!! Even though VW UK assure us its a problem associated with hotter & dustier environments I'm not convinced. I knew I should have stuck with the manual.  :sad: Glad to hear its the 7 speed and not the 6 speed though.
« Last Edit: 13 June 2013, 12:52 by Gung-Ho »
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #904 on: 13 June 2013, 12:51 »
I'm horrified with the latest problems concerning the DSG box!!! Even though VW UK assure us its a problem associated with hotter & dustier environments I'm not convinced. I knew I should have stuck with the manual.  :sad:

You ordered DSG and were told to expect BW28?  Can't be my DSG that is delaying me to BW37-39+ then, like VW keep implying!!  FFS.

Also is it not 7 speed DSG that is the problem not the 6 speed in the GTI.  I wouldn't worry too much.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #905 on: 13 June 2013, 12:55 »
I don't think there's a problem with the GTI DSG, but they have a problem with the other DSG boxes = delays in the factory, which therefore affects all our orders.

VW are saying the problems are climate specific.  So what they are saying is that the climate in New Zealand where there's been issues is different to the climate in the UK.  Which it isn't.  It's pretty much the same.  As I said, total BS.

Gung-Ho, I've been checking every hour - I'm now at the stage that every time I see 'Processing' I'm telling the screen to 'F7ck Off' - I think its making me lose my marbles!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #906 on: 13 June 2013, 12:59 »
I'm now at the stage that every time I see 'Processing' I'm telling the screen to 'F7ck Off' - I think its making me lose my marbles!  :laugh:

I've been there for some time mate. :sad:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #907 on: 13 June 2013, 13:06 »
I'm now at the stage that every time I see 'Processing' I'm telling the screen to 'F7ck Off' - I think its making me lose my marbles!  :laugh:

There should be some kind of focus group to deal with our problem!!

I've mixed it up a bit now, just looked again and this time it was a 'F7ck You' to the screen  :smiley:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #908 on: 13 June 2013, 13:10 »

There should be some kind of focus group to deal with our problem!!

I've mixed it up a bit now, just looked again and this time it was a 'F7ck You' to the screen  :smiley:

Patience pal  :smiley: Tomorrow will be the day  :wink:

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #909 on: 13 June 2013, 13:12 »
I think your confusing moaning & complaining with querying & wanting concise information. The last two are things I expect when spending 30 grand.

Either way Running Man I will continue my pursuit of answers should I be dicked around again regardless of any threats. My post was merely there for information should others complain instead of query.

I don't think I am Matchboy. People are moaning and complaining because they aren't getting clear and concise information.

Again I would say that doing so, unfortunately and as ridiculous as it is, still isn't getting us the information we want. Fair enough to you for pushing hard but as I said i'm just not going to get worked up about it, as like I said it's 'probably' not going to make a difference.

I must say though that as for customer service it's been pretty shoddy. Problem is I want my GTD too much, so it's not like I can threaten them with cancelling my order. I'll end up with a car I don't really want.

I'd also just like to add - I got my build week confirmed by my dealer at 38 yesterday. Which is mid September for a mid October delivery. On my order confirmation it states the estimated delivery date as 01.08.13.
« Last Edit: 13 June 2013, 13:17 by OF1 »
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack