Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 320566 times)

Offline Manchester6

• Just got here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #860 on: 10 June 2013, 23:56 »
Big Result today..............estimated build week was 40

Now

34.......Boom (still only estimated but I'll take that) :laugh:

Wouldnt count on it, my dealer has told me i am estimated bw34 but they already know for a fact this wont be the case as the factory is closed that week. They said they didnt know why they have assigned this build week and they can only tell me as much info as they have. She told me when i ordered on 8 th may it would be aug delivery, she has now told me to plan for oct delivery earliest.

MK7, 3 Door Manual, Solid Black, GTD on Order.

Offline Samj78

• Just got here
« Reply #861 on: 11 June 2013, 11:11 »
Just cancelled my order after such poor service from dealership. Think I'll wait now for new golf R which looks amazing.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #862 on: 11 June 2013, 11:35 »
Just cancelled my order after such poor service from dealership. Think I'll wait now for new golf R which looks amazing.

Get your deposit back?  What was the reason you cancelled?  The appalling lead times?

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #863 on: 11 June 2013, 12:15 »
I have cancelled my GTD order too and have been given my deposit back. We agreed that I had been misled after being told to expect the car end June..
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #864 on: 11 June 2013, 12:22 »
Roo1 what are your plans now then?Are you going to go for another marque or wait till the supply of golfs are more fluent.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #865 on: 11 June 2013, 12:46 »
I wonder how many people have cancelled now?

I just checked through my calender and realised I am now one week further from my estimated delivery date now than I was a month and a half ago when I first ordered! :shocked:  i.e. After waiting about 6 weeks I am now 7 weeks further from getting the car, not 6 weeks closer. :cry:
« Last Edit: 11 June 2013, 13:00 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline mackandmark

• Not said much yet
« Reply #866 on: 11 June 2013, 13:10 »

The more the merrier I say Bill, that way maybe those of us left will get theirs a little bit quicker  :laugh: :evil: :laugh: :evil: :laugh:

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #867 on: 11 June 2013, 13:14 »
I just can't understand the delay in delivering these cars. Just on the track my order website and according to stats, VW (ignoring their subsidiaries) build 18,000 cars every weekday  :shocked: It's clear they have built a hell of a lot of demo models already so they clearly have the manufacturing process up and running without any glitches so why this delay! It just seems ridiculous and its the the UK market that appears to be getting shafted  :angry:
« Last Edit: 11 June 2013, 13:16 by CraigW »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #868 on: 11 June 2013, 13:17 »
why dont we find out if vw germany have a twitter page or the head of vw in germany has a twitter page?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #869 on: 11 June 2013, 13:19 »

The more the merrier I say Bill, that way maybe those of us left will get theirs a little bit quicker  :laugh: :evil: :laugh: :evil: :laugh:

Yes! :grin: .... and no :sad:.

I think this greatly depends on what a dealer does with a cancelled order.  I see three options for them:
  • They continue with the order and flog the car as is when it arrives.
  • They find a new customer who wants a similar car and modify the order (already happened once that I know of).
  • They bring an existing customer's order forward and either drop the cancelled order or bump it back in the queue.

Only in option 3 would we get our cars quicker, and there is no benefit to the dealer by doing this.  I think much more likely is option 1 or 2.  This way they get a new order, and can probably offer much less discount as people will be keen to jump the queue.

Expect to see more happy new members on this forum posting about their June or July orders arriving a few weeks later in August while those of us who ordered 2-3 months before them still have 3 months to go before we see our cars.  I expect nothing less from VW based on their levels of service (or lack of anything of the sort) so far.