Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316527 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #710 on: 30 May 2013, 23:11 »
I bet and hope it's just the tracker wrong. it just takes the shine off something that was exciting on 2nd April when I ordered it. expecting delivery late June or early July was just about ok but now September delivery has just tarnished the whole new car buying experience.

Tbf a six month wait is nothing unusual for a GTI, i waited 6 months for my mk6, i think we're getting a little overly anxious due to the amount of poor information flying about! Sometimes not knowing is better and getting annoyed will just spoil it, i posted earlier that my build week is currently 39 but there is nothing i can do about it so why worry?

It'll all be worth it in the end! It was with my mk6.  :tongue:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #711 on: 30 May 2013, 23:39 »
I bet and hope it's just the tracker wrong. it just takes the shine off something that was exciting on 2nd April when I ordered it. expecting delivery late June or early July was just about ok but now September delivery has just tarnished the whole new car buying experience.

Tbf a six month wait is nothing unusual for a GTI, i waited 6 months for my mk6, i think we're getting a little overly anxious due to the amount of poor information flying about! Sometimes not knowing is better and getting annoyed will just spoil it, i posted earlier that my build week is currently 39 but there is nothing i can do about it so why worry?

It'll all be worth it in the end! It was with my mk6.  :tongue:

The only annoying thing jimble is that at no point when I sat and handed over a deposit was September mentioned for possible delivery. it was always late June or early July. knowing this up front would have lowered the expectation and excitement to a sensible level.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #712 on: 30 May 2013, 23:42 »

It'll all be worth it in the end! It was with my mk6.  :P

The only annoying thing jimble is that at no point when I sat and handed over a deposit was September mentioned for possible delivery. it was always late June or early July. knowing this up front would have lowered the expectation and excitement to a sensible level.

It could still,be a july delivery who knows? Don't let it get you down mate.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #713 on: 30 May 2013, 23:45 »
I hate waiting for things and I'm very impatient at the best of times  :grin:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #714 on: 31 May 2013, 00:34 »
I think I'm gonna call back to VW with some of the questions being raised here....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #715 on: 31 May 2013, 07:35 »
 Bill: I'm going to get to the bottom of the order confirmation/build tracker discrepancy for colour on my Dad's car today now he's decided he definitely wants Tornado Red over Deep Black Pearl.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #716 on: 31 May 2013, 08:24 »
ask about allocation too. I've got a feeling Durham have pushed my order back to suit themselves.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #717 on: 31 May 2013, 08:31 »
mcmaddy: Aye, will do. Allocation questions probably depend on whether Sundeland and Durham pool their allocations or have separate ones per branch. I'll give Mick a ring about 10ish.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #718 on: 31 May 2013, 08:39 »
I think I'm gonna call back to VW with some of the questions being raised here....

Are you going to call your dealership or some other VW customer service line? If so, what is the number, might give them a call myself.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #719 on: 31 May 2013, 09:01 »
according to VW customer services you're better off ringing your dealership as they can then contact VW sales where the general public can't.