Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316598 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #560 on: 22 May 2013, 13:43 »
The only option i changed was the adaptive chassis control but that was added on 28th April and I still have the same order number as my original one. Im wondering now if my change has meant me being dumped to the bottom of the pile at VW. i must just cancel and get a car from a different brand as loyalty seems to get you nowhere these days!!

Has anyone else who ordered ACC had a sub week 30 estimated build week from VW UK? This could be one of the big delay options.

Chris: Got anything else in mind for the replacement? The only thing i'd consider  instead of a GTD would be a Leon FR if you are after something relatively quickly (maybe a stock one being built/has been built with no allocated customer), A3 a possibility but they don't have the 184PS TDI yet. The best option is the GTD if you can hack the wait.

Makes me wonder if Mick tried telling you ACC wasn't worth the money partially to avoid the order delay that might come with the option. Chances are there's only a limited number of lines dedicated to ACC set-up and the queue is inevitably longer.

Im going to ring him and see what he says. Do you think he'd be pi**ed if i changed my order again??
Ive seen a leon fr supercopa but its not a golf gtd, i even thought about a mk6 but im that hacked off with vw im thinking of changing brand altogether. To what I havent got a clue.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #561 on: 22 May 2013, 13:53 »
The only option i changed was the adaptive chassis control but that was added on 28th April and I still have the same order number as my original one. Im wondering now if my change has meant me being dumped to the bottom of the pile at VW. i must just cancel and get a car from a different brand as loyalty seems to get you nowhere these days!!

Has anyone else who ordered ACC had a sub week 30 estimated build week from VW UK? This could be one of the big delay options.

Chris: Got anything else in mind for the replacement? The only thing i'd consider  instead of a GTD would be a Leon FR if you are after something relatively quickly (maybe a stock one being built/has been built with no allocated customer), A3 a possibility but they don't have the 184PS TDI yet. The best option is the GTD if you can hack the wait.

Makes me wonder if Mick tried telling you ACC wasn't worth the money partially to avoid the order delay that might come with the option. Chances are there's only a limited number of lines dedicated to ACC set-up and the queue is inevitably longer.

I was looking at the FR 184 TDI prior to the GTD and after many delays I gave up and went for the GTD. SEAT tell me the 184 Bhp engine wont even begin production until October earliest.  They could not even take my order!
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #562 on: 22 May 2013, 13:53 »
Chris (mcmaddy): If another change would get Pulman their sales money a few months quicker then I think Mick would be up for it, although he'll probably wish you hadn't changed in the first place. Right now he might not be aware you've been given a week 34 build if he's patiently waiting for next week before chasing up again.

Nothing else out there that you could get quickly ticks all the boxes that the GTD/GTI does, unless you like BMW 1 series styling and don't mind paying out a lot in options to get the spec up.

It would be good for the statisticians amongst us to tabulate order date against week build quoted (for those of us that have pestered VW UK) with ticky boxes for certain options like ACC and sunroof to see if there is a pattern in later builds for those options. I can't see some of the options like satnav causing delays as they're standard equipment or just as likely to be ordered on any model of Golf.

For me the sunroof is a delay on all models - VW seem to have difficulty in sourcing the parts and they'll probably all be built down 1 specific line - it's expensive for what it is.

ACC won't be a big seller for those Golfs not coming with big wheels. It's an expensive option that gives the biggest comfort benefit for those on 18/19" wheels. These are the 2 options (maybe also the Pearl white paint or PP on the GTIs) that I would expect to delay the build. Anyone care to do the maths?
« Last Edit: 22 May 2013, 14:07 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #563 on: 22 May 2013, 13:59 »
I was looking at the FR 184 TDI prior to the GTD and after many delays I gave up and went for the GTD. SEAT tell me the 184 Bhp engine wont even begin production until October earliest.  They could not even take my order!

So the Leon is out before the Golf, the FR is "available to order" well before the GTD and they can't get hold of any 184PS TDIs? Looks like VW got fist dibs on the engine and forgot to tell SEAT about it. My local SEAT dealer is crap - gives bottom book on p/x and no discount on the new car. I could understand bottom book if I was p/xing a Renault Clio against a Jag, but p/xing a VW against a SEAT, there should be no penalty as VW sits higher up than SEAT in the VAG hierarchy.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #564 on: 22 May 2013, 14:07 »
It would be good for the statisticians amongst us to tabulate order date against week build quoted (for those of us that have pestered VW UK) with ticky boxes for certain options like ACC and sunroof to see if there is a pattern in later builds for those options.

Where's The Bear when you need him?!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #565 on: 22 May 2013, 14:53 »
My car (order confirmed March 30th) = Week 26 (5DR Man, no options).
My dad's car (order confirmed April 3rd) = Week 25 (5DR DSG, no options).

If mcmaddy's week 34 is correct then...

Hang on a minute.  These are all GTD orders aren't they?  Didn't someone say their dealer had "confirmed" that no GTDs would be built until August and that was "always the intention"???  Weeks 25-26 are mid June!

Its kind of hard to trust anything really.  I want to assume they know what they are talking about but it seems like almost every dealer/customer service rep has a slightly different take on what is going on.  There is just too much contradiction here.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #566 on: 22 May 2013, 15:06 »
It would be good for the statisticians amongst us to tabulate order date against week build quoted (for those of us that have pestered VW UK) with ticky boxes for certain options like ACC and sunroof to see if there is a pattern in later builds for those options.

Where's The Bear when you need him?!

Aha!  A quest after my own heart!  (or something like that)

How about I make such a form and then post it here for all to fill in?  I think it should be in a new topic though to make it visible to everyone who visits but maybe doesn't read this entire thread.  My boss has gone off somewhere so I'm unsupervised right now (heh heh), I'll get back to you shortly.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #567 on: 22 May 2013, 15:10 »
Sounds good Bear, nice one!  Yes, a new topic would be good so we can find it & fill it in without searching through the pages on this thread!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #568 on: 22 May 2013, 15:11 »
Bill: I think Chris (mcmaddy) might've meant VW UK told him that. Our dealer would've slapped our p/x prices right down if he thought the cars were coming 2 months after he'd said they would. At point of ordering I was told end of June/start July for pick-up was most likely, but he admitted at that point he didn't know for sure until VW put it in the build schedule. He told me that I was the first order for a GTD (or a GTI) on Pulman's books and that they hadn't ordered any demos (not sure whether they're obliged to at some point).
« Last Edit: 22 May 2013, 15:13 by monkeyhanger »

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #569 on: 22 May 2013, 15:16 »

So the Leon is out before the Golf, the FR is "available to order" well before the GTD and they can't get hold of any 184PS TDIs? Looks like VW got fist dibs on the engine and forgot to tell SEAT about it. My local SEAT dealer is crap - gives bottom book on p/x and no discount on the new car. I could understand bottom book if I was p/xing a Renault Clio against a Jag, but p/xing a VW against a SEAT, there should be no penalty as VW sits higher up than SEAT in the VAG hierarchy.

Well, the FR 150Bhp was available to order, but the 184Bhp was not and is still not. (Even though it was reviewed by the trades since December 2012)
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.