Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316731 times)

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #330 on: 09 May 2013, 23:51 »
I reckon the first part of the code 2317, 2318,2319 etc responds to a week number of the year.

I've been playing with the order status site and its pretty easy to see the status of any order by modifying the first part of the code followed by sequentially changing the last 4 digits.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #331 on: 10 May 2013, 08:02 »
Car tax due on the Scirocco 1st June. :angry:

Me too, reminder from dvla arrived today  :angry:

You know you can claim this back (the difference) when you take delivery of your new car? Your dealer should arrange it all for you.

Yep, you can claim for whole unused months - it's still a pain to shell out £125 and then chasing up the DVLA for possibly 11/12 of it back (more likely 9/12).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #332 on: 10 May 2013, 08:13 »
I reckon the first part of the code 2317, 2318,2319 etc responds to a week number of the year.

I've been playing with the order status site and its pretty easy to see the status of any order by modifying the first part of the code followed by sequentially changing the last 4 digits.

Pauliem

If that is the case then how do you square my order number starting with 2321? If you take the 21 as week 21 then that's in the future (w/c 20 May). I ordered my car 10 April so my order number should read 2315.

Hummm the plot thickens.
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Squit

• Not said much yet
« Reply #333 on: 10 May 2013, 08:20 »
First four digits probably denote the expected year of delivery.

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #334 on: 10 May 2013, 08:25 »
Well, I proved my theory wrong by looking at every order from 0700 upwards and managing to find the correct prefix.  Couldn't find the significance of the 1st part but most of the orders in this range are still processing, although some have been built and delivered.  Mainly Up! and Golf orders have been satisfied.

Only saw a couple of GTIs in the list, quite a few more GTDs.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #335 on: 10 May 2013, 08:37 »
Pauliem: You're a VW order stalker!  :grin:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #336 on: 10 May 2013, 08:55 »
Just done some order stalking after checking my order out. An order for a Passat highline going to my dealership group , 40 digits after my order is in "confirmed build week" status, and according to the frequently asked questions within this status, the "build week confirmed" status is generally applied 4 weeks before the actual build takes place (to allow VW to ensure they have all required parts for your "bespoke" order). By that info, if the earliest order placers amongst us get a build week confirmation in week 23, it'll be week 27 before build commences, probably week 30 by the time it is in the UK/at the dealership for pick-up (W/C 22 July). Perhaps due to the wait already (held status) GTD/GTI orders won't take 4 weeks to get built after status change.

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #337 on: 10 May 2013, 09:03 »
Nothing wrong with a bit of stalking  :evil:

I was actually reading the source of the javascript to see if I could see where it was collecting the information from.  But it is a server side process and there are no clues in the source.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #338 on: 10 May 2013, 09:06 »
Nothing wrong with a bit of stalking  :evil:

I was actually reading the source of the javascript to see if I could see where it was collecting the information from.  But it is a server side process and there are no clues in the source.

I have no idea what any of that means  :shocked:  :tongue:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #339 on: 10 May 2013, 14:42 »
Just spoken to vw customer services .....
They said that delivery will be mid Sept.
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White