Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316709 times)

Offline AAddict

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #270 on: 08 May 2013, 10:41 »
I wouldn't be concerned.

They won't have simply not ordered the car I don't believe. You are the customer who has ordered a car, they will want to deliver it to you. If the sales exec says they've done it, then I'd believe them over what appears to be an unreliable tracking service!

My dealer held my order back for over a week.  It was only because I hadn't received my order number that I chased (thanks to the feedback on this forum).  Amazingly  :rolleyes:, an hour later I had an order number.  I also got the order date confirmed with VW Customer Services and it was NOT on the day they said they'd ordered it - in fact, its only because I chased them that the order was put through.  So, for whatever reason, my order was held back.  As soon as it was put through I had an order number, and that worked on the tracker the next day.

Not wishing to scare monger but if I would chase them.  VW Customer Services said that you should have an order number within a few hours of the dealer putting that on the system - if you don't then they haven't placed the order.

Probably had met that months target and wanted your order on the following months figures. If so, that's despicable IMO
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #271 on: 08 May 2013, 10:52 »
Yep, totally.  I was f7cking livid when I found out to be honest.  But....only thing that has calmed me down is the fact that my estimated delivery date is a month earlier than my last GTI so that's stopped me flying off the handle as I expected Sep :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline mortimerchris

• Not said much yet
« Reply #272 on: 08 May 2013, 10:58 »
After coming up as order processing on the site last Sat 10 days after ordering, I decided to call VW yesterday.
I go a call back this morning to say I have been given a provisional build date of 2nd September (Week 36)
Gutted!
Ordered a Golf GTI DSG Performance Pack in Pure White with Keyless Entry, Dynaudio, Rear View Camera and Panoramic Roof.

Currently driving a Scirocco 170 GT in Night Blue with Bluetooth, Rear Parking Sensors, DAB and Dynaudio.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #273 on: 08 May 2013, 11:15 »
After coming up as order processing on the site last Sat 10 days after ordering, I decided to call VW yesterday.
I go a call back this morning to say I have been given a provisional build date of 2nd September (Week 36)
Gutted!

I got wk35 provisional, but they say this will "hopefully" come forward.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #274 on: 08 May 2013, 11:20 »
Update:

Just got off the phone to VW Customer service to ask why my order number still isn't recognised by the 'Track My Order' website. They offered no explanation other than to say other people have complained about the same thing. No Sh*t Sherlock!

Still not any the wiser as to why my order number still brings up this message, even after a calendar month!

"Sorry, we can't find this order number. Please check your order tracking card and try again or contact your retailer."

They did check the validity of the order number and whether it was proceeding - luckily it was yes to both.

One extra tidbit, they said that GTD models ordered when I did should start arriving end of July early August. This sounds about right from all the other info on this site and from hawk eyed members.
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #275 on: 08 May 2013, 11:23 »
Ah thanks Five-O. I'm going to do the same thing at lunchtime (what number did you ring please). Like you, I just want assurance that the bloody car is actually on order and proceeded, despite it appearing or not on the VW website.

Good news for you that at least they have confirmed yours is on order, and the delivery dates given seem more reasonable.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #276 on: 08 May 2013, 11:29 »
Anybody who updated their spec after their original order may want to check their order number.  Mine changed, which explains why it is not showing on the VW website.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #277 on: 08 May 2013, 12:00 »
Changed my spec yesterday and salesman told me original order number still stands. You shouldnt be getting a new order number as you havent ordered a new car. I still cant believe the website says on sale in June when no one in the uk will drive a gti or gtd before July... probably. I was told i'd have the car in June by customer services so if it arrives in August or September I wont be happy. The bloody summer (if we get one) will be gone by then  :grin:
« Last Edit: 08 May 2013, 12:05 by mcmaddy »
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #278 on: 08 May 2013, 12:39 »
Well, just been onto VW customer services as to why my order number isn't being recognised on the website (thought the dealers may have been bull sh1tting me), however they confirmed its in the system, was confirmed back immediately on the 18th April and is just waiting for a build week.

One thing she did say is that as I've added so many options to my car, mine will be on a slightly longer lead time than vanilla spec cars. Even so, she's quoting a "preliminary" build week of mid July, however stressed that its not confirmed and that it's subject to possible change.

I'm just relieved its in the system at Wolfsburg and is actually being processed. She couldn't explain why my order isn't being recognised in the website though ?
« Last Edit: 08 May 2013, 13:28 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #279 on: 08 May 2013, 13:16 »
Mine is as vanilla as it can be, could I be one of the lucky ones (order accepted by VW March 30th).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.