Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316641 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #170 on: 03 May 2013, 07:52 »
I don't understand why you guys are being fobbed off and being told GTI production is being "parked"??? I have a confirmed build date, week 20. Surely if they are building my car, they are building others too! It seems the UK market gets a raw deal in terms of order lead time for whatever reason.
This will be my 3rd GTI/GTd and I've never waited more than 8-9 weeks for any of them.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #171 on: 03 May 2013, 08:07 »
Looks like VW are looking after their Eurozone markets first before the UK. We get good spec for our money - we generally pay less than the Germans for an equivalently specced VW, but their finance rates are amazing (1.9% currently). VW do like to make us wait though, the UK generally are about 3 months behind the rest of Eurpoe when new VW models are launched.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #172 on: 03 May 2013, 09:12 »
Interesting that that's the case for you Joe, clearly its better to order a car in Ireland than in England!  What I don't understand is that sales across Europe are down, even in Germany, for VW.  In fact, the only area that is showing growth in terms of car sales is the UK - which makes our lead times even more p!ss poor and disgusting - not looking after their only growth market is an outrage!  :angry:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #173 on: 03 May 2013, 10:16 »
Interesting that that's the case for you Joe, clearly its better to order a car in Ireland than in England! What I don't understand is that sales across Europe are down, even in Germany, for VW.  In fact, the only area that is showing growth in terms of car sales is the UK - which makes our lead times even more p!ss poor and disgusting - not looking after their only growth market is an outrage!  :angry:

I'd rather pay our prices and wait a bit longer! :smiley:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #174 on: 03 May 2013, 10:43 »
I'd rather pay our prices and wait a bit longer! :smiley:

A fair point well made!!  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline golfgti5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #175 on: 04 May 2013, 07:55 »
Question, my GTi will be build in Kw20.

Model year 2014 starts in Kw22, does that mean that i get a model year 2013 or will the start with 2014 models right away?
GTI Mk7 DSG Candy White, 19" Santiagos, Discover Media, xenon, Executive Package, ACC, PDC, Park Assist, Alarm+......

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #176 on: 04 May 2013, 10:03 »
Question, my GTi will be build in Kw20.

Model year 2014 starts in Kw22, does that mean that i get a model year 2013 or will the start with 2014 models right away?

Interesting. I'm build week 20 too. Adds evidence that they are indeed building "euro zone" models ahead of the UK batch... Even though I'm also RHD?!
When did you order?

To answer your question, you'll get the 2013 model. I was the same when I got my mk6 GTD. I missed out on the new MY build by a week.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #177 on: 04 May 2013, 10:53 »
For the Irish customers I suppose you have to ask yourself whether there are going to be any significant MY14 additions compared to MY13. Will Irish spec GTI/GTDs get colour MFD as standard in MY2014 or is it standard already? Can VW confirm what MY2014 additions (if any) are going to be? If there is something worth waiting for you'd better get in quick to delay your order.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #178 on: 04 May 2013, 11:26 »
For the Irish customers I suppose you have to ask yourself whether there are going to be any significant MY14 additions compared to MY13. Will Irish spec GTI/GTDs get colour MFD as standard in MY2014 or is it standard already? Can VW confirm what MY2014 additions (if any) are going to be? If there is something worth waiting for you'd better get in quick to delay your order.

The colour MFD is standard. Surprising, considering just about everything else is a costly option!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #179 on: 04 May 2013, 11:30 »
JoeGTI: If you already have colour MFD standard on a MY13 model then unless VW feel they've been a bit stingy with the Irish you probably wouldn't get anything more on a MY14 car by waiting.