Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 319280 times)

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #150 on: 01 May 2013, 21:55 »
I don't mind a delay either. It means I can drive my current Scirocco for a little while longer knowing my trade in value is fixed...

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #151 on: 01 May 2013, 22:01 »
Exactly, there is nothing bad about being forced to wait, other than just waiting!  Well, unless your current car is nicked or written off, in which case a trade could be tough!  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline mortimerchris

• Not said much yet
« Reply #152 on: 02 May 2013, 12:07 »
Exactly, there is nothing bad about being forced to wait, other than just waiting!  Well, unless your current car is nicked or written off, in which case a trade could be tough!  :grin:

Or if your contract hire car goes back in JUNE wit no extension option!
bus/train w**ker I will be!
Ordered a Golf GTI DSG Performance Pack in Pure White with Keyless Entry, Dynaudio, Rear View Camera and Panoramic Roof.

Currently driving a Scirocco 170 GT in Night Blue with Bluetooth, Rear Parking Sensors, DAB and Dynaudio.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #153 on: 02 May 2013, 13:51 »
Or if your contract hire car goes back in JUNE wit no extension option!
bus/train w**ker I will be!

Aye, that's a bit of an awkward one huh?!  :wink:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Jules Winfield

« Reply #154 on: 02 May 2013, 19:26 »
Six months?  Pah!  I waited eight months (and one day) for my GTD.

lol - I did 9 months time for my Scirocco,
6 months the first time round to find my options hadn't been added,
Then 3 months as per my original order.
Still managed a c class paid for by the garage the last 3 months.

Looks like a GTI for Christmas at this rate

I ordered my GTD on 28/02/2010.  I would call the dealer up every couple of weeks for an update.  One day I phoned and they couldn't give an update, and my usual salesman was unavailable.  VW had no idea either.  After a couple of weeks of much faffing about, it transpired that VW had lost the order from its computer systems (apparently it happens from time to time) and the dealer ended up having to re-order the car.  On 29/10/2010, I finally took delivery.  For the last two months, I had a dealer-provided Polo; the dealer principal (who was heavily involved at that point) said that they'd be compensated by VW for their screw-up (loss of P/X value - fortunately for me, the value was fixed when I placed the order).

It's not terribly reassuring, three years later, to find that VW are still a shambles.  The configurator on the web site and the brochures don't match, and the brochure is full of meaningless marketing mumbo jumbo.  They have no idea when people's cars are being built and the dealers have no idea whether option X is compatible with option Y.  Their only saving grace is their cars - I'm not planning on changing for another couple of years, but when I do, the only candidate is another GTD.

Offline Chriscav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #155 on: 02 May 2013, 19:34 »
I ordered about 2 weeks ago and have been tokd week 35 for build week.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #156 on: 02 May 2013, 19:54 »
I know mines a GTD (not a GTI), but I ordered 2 weeks ago, and on the "track your order" bit of the VW website, my order number is still showing as " sorry, your order number not recognised" (despite the dealer saying everything's still on track). However, the wife's Polo Blue GT I ordered on the same date, had an "order processing" with 4 days, and for the last week and a bit is showing as "build week confirmed" ?

Should I be concerned for my car ? Anyone here with a GTD on order at least got an "order processing" from the site ?
« Last Edit: 02 May 2013, 19:57 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #157 on: 02 May 2013, 20:04 »
I've had order processing and then it's gone. phone the salesman and get him/her to find our from VW uk
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #158 on: 02 May 2013, 20:05 »
Unfortunately, I expect VW aren't the only culprits! I've had similar experiences with other marques.

On almost all occasions, I've known more about the car, options, lead times & technical stuff than the dealer itself.  At the end of the day 'most' of the sales guys are just "SALES" guys (& girls) who have no interest in the product they're selling whatsoever... Just interested in meeting their monthly targets.  It's just a job to them at the end of the day & they would be just as happy selling fitted kitchens.

It's the sad fact of life.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #159 on: 02 May 2013, 21:06 »
I think that might be true in some cases, but I wouldn't say it's true of all Salesmen. That will depend on the individual and the company they work for. Ever since the order for my GTI, that had a June delivery date (initially), I've been kept informed of every conversation and update from VW regarding it's build.
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio