Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2777633 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10050 on: 02 March 2020, 21:30 »
Had to take my OH to an appointment in Kent today so a nice drive around the M25 :rolleyes: then a good run down some A roads. Steady driving but not done with economy in mind, just fitting in with the conditions but thought this pretty good!

Overall for the return trip was just over 40mpg. A rather pleasent stop for lunch and a look at Scotney Castle with lovely blue skies and a bitter wind!

Glad you’re enjoying it Watts. You need to aim for closer to 35 mpg though, then we’ll know you’re enjoying it that little bit more! :smiley:

I’ve just noticed something about the Golf image on the infotainment screen in the picture you’ve posted. It’s got Parker alloys, but the spokes are pointing in the wrong direction! :shocked:

Here’s a Parker alloy so you can compare to the wheels on the infotainment screen image (I really wish I didn’t notice little details things like that :angry: - must be my car OCD :grin:);

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10051 on: 02 March 2020, 22:13 »
Glad you’re enjoying it Watts. You need to aim for closer to 35 mpg though, then we’ll know you’re enjoying it that little bit more! :smiley:

I’ve just noticed something about the Golf image on the infotainment screen in the picture you’ve posted. It’s got Parker alloys, but the spokes are pointing in the wrong direction! :shocked:

Here’s a Parker alloy so you can compare to the wheels on the infotainment screen image (I really wish I didn’t notice little details things like that :angry: - must be my car OCD :grin:);

Cheers SR! 35mpg? Pah! Long term average is around 31, plenty of trips sub 30 and I don't get stuck in traffic much due to my commute timings. Still, the Audi I used to have was mostly around 27 and a really steady run about 33. Given how much more go the TCR has to be getting what I am is great!

The car on my infotainment is going backwards, that's why the Parkers look wrong :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #10052 on: 02 March 2020, 22:55 »
@Watts - that’s pretty good going tbf. I’ve only hit 40mpg once and that was when I’d just filled up off the M6 and so was straight onto the M6 for a couple of junctions so only lasted a short while  :grin:

@SRGTD - it’s for the social media fanatics as it’s a selfie taken in a mirror and hence they look the other way round  :whistle:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10053 on: 02 March 2020, 23:18 »
@Watts - that’s pretty good going tbf. I’ve only hit 40mpg once and that was when I’d just filled up off the M6 and so was straight onto the M6 for a couple of junctions so only lasted a short while  :grin:

SR is right, I'm clearly not driving it properly! The PP I had over 50mpg! Should've got a 1.0 instead :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #10054 on: 03 March 2020, 07:44 »
SR is right, I'm clearly not driving it properly! The PP I had over 50mpg! Should've got a 1.0 instead :laugh:

over 50mpg  :shocked:, you do realise you can exceed 30mph and have more than 4 gears right  :whistle:

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10055 on: 03 March 2020, 08:29 »
Not so much what I have done to my Mk7, more with! I was just so impressed with her I had to share! :cool:

So with my folks retiring they decided last year on a new static caravan at the coast with a dog friendly beech, their idea of heaven! So with it opening this week I decided to have a run over and see them as I doubt they'll be back much before the end of November now! :shocked: So my day was set and as an added bonus for me the missus and nipper both had colds and decided not to go with me this time (very fortunate as an hour after I left the nipper apparently did an exorcist impression and threw up everywhere!!  :sick:)

Anyway, as you can imagine, bloke on his own in a GTI Performance with a full tank of fuel and just shy of 80 miles to do so far from an economy run and all single track roads the whole way there! This really blew my mind as when I stopped for a coffee I was expecting to see upper 20's to low 30's as it was really the first time I'd pushed her...…. well

Just goes to show why these are possibly the best allrounder every made IMO

I was slightly calmer on the way back as I wanted to check for any speed cameras at certain spots that I may have missed first time through! :whistle:

2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #10056 on: 03 March 2020, 12:15 »
Some very impressive economy figures. I'm still in the honeymoon period with the remap so low 30's for me at the moment.

Changed the plugs and coils yesterday and it definitely feels smoother, now running RS7 plugs and RS3 coils.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #10057 on: 03 March 2020, 12:50 »
Some very impressive economy figures. I'm still in the honeymoon period with the remap so low 30's for me at the moment.

Agreed, I generally get low to mid 30's. Due to a spirited drive this tank is on low 20's  :undecided:

Changed the plugs and coils yesterday and it definitely feels smoother, now running RS7 plugs and RS3 coils.

Nice upgrade. I have considered this but wasn't sure it was worth it.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #10058 on: 03 March 2020, 14:34 »
Not sure this warrants a new thread but has anyone considered the rear strut brace from Racingline? It's a stunning looking bit of kit and I wouldn't want anything that makes the ride overly harsh.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #10059 on: 04 March 2020, 10:58 »
Not sure this warrants a new thread but has anyone considered the rear strut brace from Racingline? It's a stunning looking bit of kit and I wouldn't want anything that makes the ride overly harsh.

I've considered this a few times and will probably be my next big purchase. I don't think it'll add much NVH to the ride;I would mostly be buying it for looks.  :smiley:
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights