Author Topic: OCD Parking  (Read 6313 times)

Offline AGB

• I live here
Re: OCD Parking
« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2019, 08:19 »
I didn't take a picture, but there were no decent spaces in a busy hospital car park the other day, so I made my own. Popped the Amarok up over a 8" kerb and up a sloping grass bank. Just like parking in a far flung corner of a car park, you'll come back and someone has squeezed as close as they can next to you, when they had the choice of dozens of other spaces, there was a Ford Ranger next to me. At least he'd left plenty of room.

It's a comfort thing in car parks. You park in the empty part of a carpark and guaranteed you'll have someone next to you or both sides!  :grin:

It's one of my pet peeves. I've reasoned that it's people who are incredibly lazy and can't drive. They use your car to position theirs in the bay. I find it declines sharply if you park in the furtherest corner of an empty car park proving the 'incredibly lazy' part of my theory perfectly.
Unfortunately your theory is wrong. I've parked in the farthest spot available in local supermarkets and also b and q and always come back to some clown hat parked next to me in some s4itbox fiesta or ford fungus. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I don't know why people do it. Maybe this will brighten your day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MI1jEesuzI
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 17 May 2019, 20:21 »
Excellent thread this. I flat out refuse to go places in my car unless I know the parking situation.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 17 May 2019, 20:57 »
What I don't understand is why some people would make it difficult for themselves by parking large vehicles in tight spaces when there are plenty of easier places to park? Or specifically the dozy old duffer who parked very close to me when he didn't have to and had pronounced mobility issues. There was absolutely no way he was going to extricate himself from his car without damaging mine. I was just fortunate enough to appear before he tried :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 17 May 2019, 21:10 »
What I don’t understand is why some people are so utterly careless, disrespectful or just spiteful about nice cars. If you go to someone’s house who’s got a few quid, you don’t walk in with your muddy boots on or carelessly knock into lamps or other furniture so why don’t the general populous respect a nice car?
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 18 May 2019, 10:52 »
Just been to the local dump to get rid of some junk around the house. Had to play the lottery of parking whereever possible. In and out 5 minutes.Panic over!!

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 18 May 2019, 14:05 »
Just been to the local dump to get rid of some junk around the house. Had to play the lottery of parking whereever possible. In and out 5 minutes.Panic over!!

What concerns me just as much, is the fact you used the GTI to transport the junk!  :shocked:
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 18 May 2019, 15:52 »

What concerns me just as much, is the fact you used the GTI to transport the junk!  :shocked:

If it’s your only car, you don’t really have a choice.

I’ve done many a run with my car to the local tip/recycling centre. I’m always very careful how I pack the rubbish in the car to minimise risk of damage to the interior trim and I’ve not sustained any damage so far.

I try to time one of my trips to the tip/recycling centre when my car’s being serviced. The garage courtesy car is great for transporting junk to the tip! :grin:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 18 May 2019, 22:29 »
I try to time one of my trips to the tip/recycling centre when my car’s being serviced. The garage courtesy car is great for transporting junk to the tip! :grin:

I used to do something similar. Seeing how many miles I could do. My best was when my Mk4 Golf was in for warranty work. They gave me a Polo with about 50 miles on the clock. 2 days later I took it back with over 800.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.