Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2776110 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10970 on: 20 December 2020, 09:38 »
Had to undertake the ‘flick the bit of drive door handle off to get to the key slot’..... and then be thankful for the keep a spare keyfob battery in glovebox plan.
As oft mentioned had of course had no warning to say battery was getting low. So on my return to the car after one long walk in the cold , which might have finally killed the battery, couldn’t unlock the car.
Luckily the whole ‘flick’ process worked a treat using the key as the tool. Now must remember to place another spare battery in the glovebox.  :smiley:

Good forward planning on your part. Some have expressed a dislike of the visible keyhole on the drivers door handle on the mk8 Golf. However, at least there’s no risk of potentially damaging the paintwork gaining access to the the keyhole as there might be on the mk7 / mk7.5.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10971 on: 20 December 2020, 12:44 »
I’d always thought there would be the potential of damage.. but was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to get off with no real touch point on the door itself.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #10972 on: 20 December 2020, 19:29 »
Just had a go at doing some OBD11 mods (via apps initially)

Stop/Start deactivation - Did not work. Will have to look into that one
Lock / unlock acoustic conf - Works with a subtle chirp
Seat belt warning off - Works, initially did US which is six notifications, but this repeats each 30 sec, so fully off now.
Fan level on Auto - Works
Comfort turn signals - Works, set to 4
Scandinavian DDRL's - Work i think, need to check

All in all very easy to do, but beware it eats battery life!! Have a fully charged battery and or have the car running (some mods require car not to be running though).
I had plenty of credits from the 'Black Friday' pro deal.
A very good device for the amateur that has lost of functionality. Will give the long coding a go in the week.
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #10973 on: 21 December 2020, 22:00 »
Just updated the maps on my Discovery Media to Version 13 ECE AS 2021 (Nov 2020) after much faffing and trying to use Discovercare, I went old school. I deleted the data on my VW SD card, reformatted to FAT 32, downloaded the update to my computer, extracted to a new folder and copied to the SD via a card reader. Job done. However, I don’t know what changes there are or if it was worth the effort!   :smiley:
« Last Edit: 22 December 2020, 00:49 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #10974 on: 22 December 2020, 00:46 »
Took my car to the VW dealer for a minor service. The service manager told me they changed the oil and filter and carried out a few visual inspections. All good. The car had done a whole 4000 miles in the last year. There was a price list board in the dealers that showed the cost of a minor service was £154. At least I bought the ‘Black Friday’ service pack last month. Expensive oil change?  :cry:
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #10975 on: 24 December 2020, 15:35 »
Decided it was finally time to clean both cars.

post a pic
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #10976 on: 24 December 2020, 15:48 »

post a pic

Were you not able to get that blue stuff off the number plates?  :embarrassed:
7.5 GTD

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #10977 on: 24 December 2020, 16:01 »

post a pic

Were you not able to get that blue stuff off the number plates?  :embarrassed:

Was hoping nobody would notice. I scrubbed and scrubbed like Cinderella.  :laugh:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10978 on: 26 December 2020, 16:36 »

Nice work .Also cleaned the responsible adults Polo GTI ,might have a go tomorrow on my Golf
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #10979 on: 29 December 2020, 01:28 »
Asked my friendly local mechanic buddy to fit my clubsport S rear silencer!! Can’t wait to hear it. Hope it’s ok on my daily 60km work commute with drone etc but I’m sure it will be a great OEM+ upgrade. 😍
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox