Author Topic: R Interior Clean - dust be gone!  (Read 4444 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
R Interior Clean - dust be gone!
« on: 27 October 2016, 15:24 »
Gave it a whip round with a duster.  Ok, there was a little bit more to it than that..

The interior got a very thorough clean today  Not been done for weeks – trim was full of dust and fingermarks and seats and carpets encrusted with mud, grass, grit and child detritus – was disgusting state by my standards and could stand it no longer!  Forgot to take before pics but here’s some of in progress and results.  Feel so much better now, order and cleanliness is restored, lol.

The gear:

For all interior plastics: Poorboys Natural Look Interior Dressing and Auto Finesse Total Interior Cleaner; WoWo microfibers, ValetPro Detailing Brush and Compressed air cans.

For all leather – seats, steering wheel etc:  Gliptone Leather Cleaner and Gliptone Leather Conditioner (divine leathery smell)

For interior glass:   Obsessive Detail Clarity Streak Free Glass Cleaner and WoWo Glass Cloths

For carpets and vacuuming duties:  Metrovac Vac n Blo; Upholstery Brush.

Bit of cleaning action:

All done, nice, clean and dust free (for 2 minutes, lol):

« Last Edit: 27 October 2016, 15:45 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: R Interior Clean - dust be gone!
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2016, 15:37 »
Nice. Looks like new.

I always give cleaning the exterior of my car priority over cleaning the interior, but it always feels good to get into a nice clean interior. My one cleaning hate is the interior windows; I have to confess, the don't get cleaned as often as the rest of the car.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2016, 15:48 »
Nice. Looks like new.

I always give cleaning the exterior of my car priority over cleaning the interior, but it always feels good to get into a nice clean interior. My one cleaning hate is the interior windows; I have to confess, the don't get cleaned as often as the rest of the car.

Thanks, yeah the inside never gets cleaned as often as the outside, but it's been bothering me for ages, so had to be done, lol. It does feel great to get into a nice clean car though, just need to do the outside now to match!

Same here, I loath cleaning glass and the interior more than exterior glass for some reason, I guess as it's more awkward to access. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Andy_L

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2016, 16:34 »
Very nice m8, time well spent, I could almost smell the cleanliness.

Add me to the interior window clean hate brigade also lol
Mk7 Golf 1.6 Tdi [110] BMT GT Edition 5Dr Manual H/B Pure White

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2016, 16:39 »
Now I keep my interior clean in preference to the exterior. The inside is my own mess, whereas the outside filth is out of my control. Besides, a dirty exterior at this time of year is de rigueur... isn't it? It seems to be in the sticks anyway.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 27 October 2016, 19:08 »
I'd always clean the interior over the exterior too... I have a habit of giving the drivers floor mat a shakedown after every journey!

if it's clean and tidy inside I can tolerate the filthy paintwork, certainly at this time of year.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 27 October 2016, 23:09 »
In all honesty I can stand either being dirty but as I tend to sort of clean the interior on-the-go (dusting dash at traffic lights)family often, it's usually tolerable for longer than the exterior. At this time of year though it gets more mucky due to work site visits which means mud, leaves etc getting into the car, despite changes of shoes/boots.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: 28 October 2016, 12:01 »
Looking good Bec!

As always great attention to detail.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 28 October 2016, 12:49 »
Looking good Bec!

As always great attention to detail.

Thanks Neil.  I had some very good cloths to help me along the way.  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual