Author Topic: And another one...  (Read 8016 times)

Offline tony_ack

• I live here
And another one...
« on: 24 October 2010, 22:51 »
... but not a Golf this time:

And posing next to the Golf...

It's a Corrado VR6 in Classic Green Pearl with a beige leather interior. 210000 miles, but engine is sweet, doesn't use oil or water and doesn't smoke. And it's mentally quick

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
Re: And another one...
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2010, 22:56 »
Looks really nice  :grin: Those engines are really strong so it wouldnt bother me with that milage as long as it had been looked after. Well as its not a golf you got the next best thing  :grin: :grin:

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2010, 23:03 »
a friend of mine has one too, again with the beige leather interior. Not sure who's is fastest though, he drives it like a granny!

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline tony_ack

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2010, 23:09 »
Full VW service history until 178k  :smiley:

Clutch/flywheel/timing chains an tensioners done 15k miles ago.

Beautiful drive compared to the MK2 valver, but the MK2 is fun in a different way. And after listening to the silky smooth and quiet VR6, it really made me appreciate the sound of the MK2 16v when it comes on cam  :grin:

I can kind of understand why your friend drives it like a granny - it grips superbly - better than the Golf, but for some reason doesn't quite feel as chuckable as the Golf. Still no excuse for not taking advantage of the VR6 power though!
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2010, 23:34 »
 :cool: needs lowering  :lipsrsealed:

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #5 on: 25 October 2010, 09:57 »
nice

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #6 on: 25 October 2010, 11:07 »
:cool: needs lowering  :lipsrsealed:
indeed it does.... nice motor though... looks clean for that mileage!.... i wonder how it was driven for all those miles!.... bet it was driven like a snail and now you're in it with a heavy foot  :laugh:

thats how leaks start  :laugh:  :lipsrsealed:

Offline tony_ack

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 03 November 2010, 13:21 »
Hmmm... the idea was to have my MK2 16v carry on as a daily, and this would be the weekend car, but is that just stupid?

The Corrado just feels so much more modern to drive - it actually feels like a newish car despite being 15 years old, and the heated seats are lovely on cold mornings  :smiley:

The Golf feels pretty old by comparison - still fun to drive, but maybe it's time for it to retire to weekend car status?

The only two things putting me off using the Corrado as a daily are the fuel economy (at least 5mpg down on the Golf on the commute) and the miles it's done - though given the way it drives and the amount I paid for the car (not much..), maybe it's not really a worry. Practicality isn't an issue (you can still get a baby seat in the back of the Corrado!)
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #8 on: 03 November 2010, 13:27 »
looking good!
awesome potential!

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #9 on: 03 November 2010, 13:28 »
Hmmm... the idea was to have my MK2 16v carry on as a daily, and this would be the weekend car, but is that just stupid?

The Corrado just feels so much more modern to drive - it actually feels like a newish car despite being 15 years old, and the heated seats are lovely on cold mornings  :smiley:

The Golf feels pretty old by comparison - still fun to drive, but maybe it's time for it to retire to weekend car status?

The only two things putting me off using the Corrado as a daily are the fuel economy (at least 5mpg down on the Golf on the commute) and the miles it's done - though given the way it drives and the amount I paid for the car (not much..), maybe it's not really a worry. Practicality isn't an issue (you can still get a baby seat in the back of the Corrado!)

Time for an engine swap!  :grin: Mk2 takes on the VR as weekend toy and Rado takes the Valver as a daily.. job done!