Author Topic: catch can install  (Read 22177 times)

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
Re: catch can install
« Reply #30 on: 07 April 2011, 21:35 »
hmm, if if connects to the 90 degree bend itself, then leave it on, but im sure after removal of everything and conecting can up, you will have nowhere for it to go to..
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline andc1

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 07 April 2011, 21:51 »
see the black lines showing the t piece im on about, do i just disconnect pipe to the grey bit(intake manifold) and block it up and connect the black and red together?

« Last Edit: 07 April 2011, 21:53 by scoobygolf »

Offline GunnerCP

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 07 April 2011, 22:29 »
shouldnt the grey bit you say be the oil filter housing?  :undecided: ohhhI think I get it, the other black line you have would go to the oil filter housing (the 90 bend with the annoying clip)

the intake manifold hose just gets chopped and plugged, getting rid of the pcv.

i'm sure it would all become faily obvious once you get started!

Offline andc1

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 09 April 2011, 16:47 »
so the pipe coming from the t piece into the bit circled you just block off?

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 09 April 2011, 16:53 »
Yes mate, had a look at old PCV valve today, does the pipe from inlet manifold go into the TOP of the T?

But yeah, you got it right fella..
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline andc1

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 09 April 2011, 16:58 »
yes mate goes down from inlet manifold onto a t piece, left to the elbow,right to the metal pipe into y piece etc

Offline symsymma

• I live here
  • AGU POWER,drive it like u stole it!!!
« Reply #36 on: 09 April 2011, 17:02 »
Yes mate, had a look at old PCV valve today, does the pipe from inlet manifold go into the TOP of the T?

But yeah, you got it right fella..
+1 done mine this week.u mite wanna order a new elbow the one near the dipstick cos they get brittle and mine broke removing it£25 for a new one!other than that quite easy job to do.got a stainless steel bung for that pipe if u want it scooby? :smiley:
1.8T AGU 203bhp & 233lb/ft Rtech stage 1 custom remap,18"dezentz rims,lowered 40mm shocks n springs,whiteline 24mm adj rear arb,lcr axle bushes,polybushed arb,modified front bumper & valences,depo projector headlights,delocked,wrapped interior&bora gear knob,forge boost & coolant hoses,forge tip,forge 007p,samco vac hoses,simota aeroform cai,saiko michi catch can,deleted pcv system,r32 dogbone,miltek lg bore down pipe & sports cat/non res anni style system.

Offline symsymma

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 09 April 2011, 17:04 »
Oh and a new o ring bout a fiver :wink:
1.8T AGU 203bhp & 233lb/ft Rtech stage 1 custom remap,18"dezentz rims,lowered 40mm shocks n springs,whiteline 24mm adj rear arb,lcr axle bushes,polybushed arb,modified front bumper & valences,depo projector headlights,delocked,wrapped interior&bora gear knob,forge boost & coolant hoses,forge tip,forge 007p,samco vac hoses,simota aeroform cai,saiko michi catch can,deleted pcv system,r32 dogbone,miltek lg bore down pipe & sports cat/non res anni style system.

Offline symsymma

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 09 April 2011, 17:14 »
Heres my atempt

Offline andc1

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 09 April 2011, 17:19 »
yea i'll have that bung if your not needing, let me no how much you want