Author Topic: drop links  (Read 1086 times)

Offline crazydog

• Not said much yet
drop links
« on: 27 December 2016, 23:22 »
Hi Guys,i know this has come up before,but here goes,which way are adjustable drop links altered to give better drive shaft clearance,longer or shorter  cheers all the besr.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: drop links
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2016, 19:23 »
Im sure its wound out to raise the antiroll bar higher. If it goes over the shaft.

Offline OSR

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2016, 11:50 »
^Yep this sounds about right. I recently fitted a Whiteline ARB which actually goes under the driveshaft instead of over and used my original OEM drop links as I'm not that low (-40mm or so). Did a bit of research as I'm planning to drop a bit more and you need longer drop links in this case to stop the ARB hitting the wishbone.

Offline crazydog

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 18 January 2017, 18:04 »
hi guys i've tried lngthening the drop links and the rubbing is worse really noisy,i shortened them to the limit and this seems fine just slightly on right lock owing to the thicker drive shaft,was wondering if i take the lock nut off that would give me scope to shorten a bit more to clear altogether.by the way its lowered 35mm. any comments   cheers.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #4 on: 18 January 2017, 18:08 »
It would shorten it as much as the drop link lenth. But it could be the driveshaft rubbin on the chasses. I cant remember how low a mk4 can go before it needs a chasses notch

Offline crazydog

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 19 January 2017, 19:00 »
ok thanks i'll check to see if any signs of chassis rubbing cheers