Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2776830 times)

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9630 on: 16 July 2019, 15:18 »
Looks like Progressive Parts...?!

No, VolksWorld Racing in Louth Lincolnshire... I'd recommend them to anyone in the area.

https://volksworldracing.co.uk
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Philb280

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9631 on: 20 July 2019, 16:49 »
2 new rear tyres and 4 wheel alignment- was quite a way out

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #9632 on: 21 July 2019, 18:07 »
Took my R out to meet my cousins new car.

Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9633 on: 23 July 2019, 16:14 »
Got my racingline big brake kit installed last week. The kit is a straight fit and took approximately  2 and half hours including bleeding. All the components are very good quality and the calipers in particular are very light. Just bedding the brakes in, but initial impressions are very good   :smiley:

https://ibb.co/PxdN3Dj
« Last Edit: 23 July 2019, 16:21 by MjrSharpe »
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #9634 on: 23 July 2019, 21:03 »
Got my racingline big brake kit installed last week. The kit is a straight fit and took approximately  2 and half hours including bleeding. All the components are very good quality and the calipers in particular are very light. Just bedding the brakes in, but initial impressions are very good   :smiley:

They look great and nice to see they fit under an 18" alloy - or is that only with spacers/offset?
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9635 on: 24 July 2019, 08:50 »

They look great and nice to see they fit under an 18" alloy - or is that only with spacers/offset?

Thank you  :smiley:
I think that with OEM wheels you have to use either regular spacers or the 5mm spacers which Racingline supply. My wheels have an et of 45 so thankfully I didn't have to change anything and still have a good degree of clearance.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9636 on: 31 July 2019, 15:58 »
A quiet day today aside from my son managing to pick up a nasty head injury when a fierce gust of wind crushed his head between his car door and roof as he got in. Ouch. One trip to the A&E later...

So, being as the ol’ car has been ignored of late I decided I’d shove it up on some mini ramps
icici bank locator

Then clipped this little fella into place

My old JB1 unit off my much missed R.

Initial thoughts? I only took it for a short run so can’t really give much of a verdict. The ECU will still be adapting. Pulls harder in third once the turbo gets into its stride, I didn’t have a clear enough run to form an opinion of performance in the higher gears, way too much traffic.

Whilst trying not to snap my head off craning my neck under the car routing cables I found this inlet which directs air pretty much nowhere! I’ll assume it’s for a DSG cooler, mines a stone age manual car.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9637 on: 31 July 2019, 16:49 »
Those little ramps look handy :)
Is the JB1 similar to the JB4? I had been deliberating between of these or a DTUK box, eventually going for the later. I imagine they are both fairly similar?

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #9638 on: 31 July 2019, 19:43 »
MjrSharpe

I had a JB4 on my Clubsport for around 12 months but took it off when the clutch started to slip a few times and it was coming into winter.

On a pre ious 63 plate GTI I had a DTUK tuning box with the 3 programs. I did feel some difference with the DTUK box but was never fully convinced. I bought that in 2014 so perhaps there is a revised software.

Back to the JB1 vs JB4, I went for the JB4 after reading a number of reviews and was not disappointed. The install is more time consuming as you have to run a data cable through the engine bay to the OBD port but it’s not that difficult and I can guide you with a great instruction. It also intercepts a feed from the A/F sensor so there are 5 connections. The difference between the DTUK and JB4 is significant and the support is fantastic. The car felt a lot stronger and retained the OEM feel, I presume because it had more data input to make decisions but I am no expert into the workings.

Performance was much stronger - there are multiple maps to choose from, you can data log etc and get their (Burger Motorsport) expert feedback and recommendation on values.

I bought direct from the US, which was the cheapest way. I resold on eBay 12 months later and got £40 less than I paid.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #9639 on: 31 July 2019, 19:44 »
MjrSharpe
On a separate note, I love the racing line BBK you installed. How are you getting on with it?
Paul
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI