Author Topic: Golf GTi Mk8 Ownership  (Read 4863 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Golf GTi Mk8 Ownership
« Reply #20 on: 20 December 2020, 23:22 »
Well, i liked them best of all the different ones i had over the last tens of thousands of miles. As I said, I've spent too long with tyres I didn't like, often because i couldn't choose (company car) to want to do anything else when I can chose.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 20 December 2020, 23:38 »
Well, i liked them best of all the different ones i had over the last tens of thousands of miles. As I said, I've spent too long with tyres I didn't like, often because i couldn't choose (company car) to want to do anything else when I can chose.

I absolutely respect that.

Having spent my entire adult life buying cars and changing things on them no matter how new the car I get exactly where you’re coming from.
I used to scoff at people moaning about tyres until I discovered decent tyres myself and how much difference they actually make.

Although I’d not thumb my nose at F1’s and would indeed consider them I’m 100% in the PS4S camp and am looking for some aftermarket crud iron wheels to fit said tyres on currently.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 21 December 2020, 08:18 »
I'm not saying they are a bad tyre, far from it. Very grippy but for me I didn't like the wallowy feel they gave. The guy on Tyrereviews said the same thing. Any of PS4, Asy 5 or conti 6 and now apparently the maxxis (can't remember it's name). Was just looking at Tyrereviews last night and found the BS S001 came first in a wet breaking test so it's not that bad of a tyre really.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 21 December 2020, 11:41 »
The Bridgestones are the S005 so perhaps they might be decent. Sure I read somewhere that they even say GTi on the tyres??
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #24 on: 21 December 2020, 11:55 »
S005 are what you get on a bmw if you don't tick the performance tyre option... I'm advised that you don't want to do that if you are rocking 260bhp...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 21 December 2020, 13:19 »
Michelin are going to start selling 18" PS4S in the UK. They are the tyres on the Yaris (225 40 18).
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.