Author Topic: Gti order books open  (Read 5068 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: Gti order books open
« Reply #10 on: 12 September 2020, 12:39 »
I’d be going nowhere near the train crash that is the opening of the order books for a new Golf GTi  for at least 6 months until arse and elbow align  :grin:
Previous form of Configurator V Actual is more like the work of Hans Christian Anderson than a reputable car manufacturer 🤣🤣🤣
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 12 September 2020, 17:16 »
Well I've asked for a quote... When it comes back I'll paste up some figures... Asked for dsg and nothing else for now.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 12 September 2020, 18:10 »
Well I've asked for a quote... When it comes back I'll paste up some figures... Asked for dsg and nothing else for now.

Be really interesting to see what the figures are like. Fingers crossed!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #13 on: 14 September 2020, 11:14 »
I’d be going nowhere near the train crash that is the opening of the order books for a new Golf GTi  for at least 6 months until arse and elbow align  :grin:
Previous form of Configurator V Actual is more like the work of Hans Christian Anderson than a reputable car manufacturer 🤣🤣🤣
  :grin: Yep fool me once and all that....
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 14 September 2020, 15:52 »
So my dealer says they haven't heard about order books opening in 7 days time....
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 14 September 2020, 15:58 »
So my dealer says they haven't heard about order books opening in 7 days time....

Oh lord. Here we go again... :grin:

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 14 September 2020, 16:47 »
Whether or not that's literally the truth or simply that they aren't allowed to even discuss it until the date of the big reveal by VW UK....

Certainly I can't imagine the dealership in question would be the last to know.... they shift a LOT of VW..... I am sure some of you know who I mean ;-)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 14 September 2020, 18:32 »
In the wonderful world of Vw uk anything could happen. Tbh if order books are opening then it’s very low key.

Examples of Vw misinformation are littered throughout the forum. Eg. After being told for months that the TCR was only a concept it was announced the day my R arrived at the dealers. Sod’s law and pretty typical.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #18 on: 15 September 2020, 21:50 »
When it’s official I will let you all know  :laugh:
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline avalon

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 22 September 2020, 18:57 »
When I bought my current GTI I ordered it in October 2009 though I didn’t pick it up until July 2010.

Whilst there were some supply issues (I think) with the DSGearbox, I also learned that the dealer I used didn’t have what I learned to be an ‘allocation’ and therefore part of the delay was actually getting a rung on the ladder.

I must say, the car has been marvellous and well worth the wait.  I wonder though if this dealer allocation thing is still prevalent nearly 11 years on; does anyone know (thinking Evo here) if this is still the case and should I be asking this direct question this time around.

Best wishes guys,

Ava
GTi DSG 5 Door Candy White [MY11]