Author Topic: Dizzie - mk2 20v turbo  (Read 33006 times)

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
Re: Dizzie - mk2 20v turbo
« Reply #20 on: 12 January 2005, 23:04 »
12th January 2005

As you'll probably all cheer now I've removed my neons from the car. The plastic clamps were always breaking and dragging them on the floor so I thought removing them was best and try to sell them. There must be some chav out there  :wink:

Also fixed my non-illuminating boost gauge so I can actually see it when driving in the dark.

More things to fix tomorrow and I'll finally get round to washing it if it doesn't rain.  :smiley:
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 13 January 2005, 12:31 »
13th January 2005

Bloody RAIN!? :angry:

Gave it a bloody good wash and shammy'd it all off. hoovered out all the bits of mud and sticks I'd collected in my footwell and just when I start to do the windows it starts to piss down. grrr. had a fag and tried to wait it out, but it's still raining. grrr. Here's a pic anyway.? :grin:

Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 14 January 2005, 18:27 »
14th January 2005

finally got round to painting the rest of the calipers. Slightly rusty looking discs I know, but I haven't driven it since I washed it the other day.

Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 18 January 2005, 21:51 »
18th January 2005

Installed a 7 colour voltage gauge as I was really bored today. Mounted it in the top right corner of my centre console opening and routed the wire nicely out of the way. Will update with a picture soon.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 24 January 2005, 12:44 »
24th January 2005

The voltage gauge was misbehaving so it was removed last night along with the Road Angel's wire as that has been sold now. Decided to try the cheaper method of loosing the rear spoiler and fill the holes with rubber grommets instead of swapping out the glass for one from a Golf CL. Here's a pic. Could do with another wash, but it's too cold outside!

Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 27 January 2005, 22:03 »
27th January 2005

Bought the oil (synta silver) and filter (a06a 115 561 b) from GSF and Audi respectively ready for the garage round the corner to do the swap for me. I can't be bothered changing my own without a nice garage and the tools I'm use to. They only want ?10 to do it. Also bought a new sump plug with built in washer just to be on the safe side. Hopefully she'll appreciate it as i haven't changed the oil since the engine was put in August last year and I think I've done about 5000 miles ish. it's now reading 177k almost.? :sad:
« Last Edit: 27 January 2005, 22:08 by Dizzie »
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 01 February 2005, 17:58 »
1st February 2005

Took the car down to GSF to borrow their pressure washer and cleaned it. Also GUNKed the engine and washed all that off. Looks much cleaner now. I'll take some pics tomorrow. Also cleaned all the glass and hoovered it out.

Oil and filter change arranged for tomorrow.  :smiley:
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 02 February 2005, 07:33 »
2nd Fenruary 2005 (7.27am!)

All in the name of dubness! Got up at 6am this morning and was round at the garage to have my oil change done at 6.20. *yawn*

Many thanks to Gary @ Canton Cross (02920 221451) in Cardiff for doing that little job for me. he said pop round about 6.15 and he'd do it then as in the day he's flat out with other jobs. Hlaf hour later and a nice little chat the filter, sump plug and oil are all changed and topped up. He couldn't get over how much I paid for the engine though  :grin:

Took it round a little 3 mile trip to see how it goes now with new oil and it's absolutely mental! It was probably the nice cool air, but it's 'a stormer!'. The oil was pretty bad coming out the bottom, but my does it go now. I pulled off from the lights in 1st 'normally' and changed to 2nd. planted it... it pulled hard to about 4500rpm (the sweet spot) and then started struggling for grip @ 50mph!  :evil:

Glad I got that done as it's been bothering me for a few months now. Now what can I do with the rest of my morning seeing as I got up at 11.45 yesterday.  :laugh:
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 04 February 2005, 22:15 »
4th February 2005

Rewired boost gauge's illumination as it's been playing up for ages now. Discovered this when I removed the fusebox...

Another of Designa Dubs' bodges. Even after they were given a second chance to fix all their previous f**kups I'm still finding their shoddy work 6 months after I had the car returned! Grrrr  :angry:
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 05 February 2005, 20:56 »
5th February 2005

When I first got in contact with Designa Dubs I spoke to a guy called Paul there. He was the most helpful guy in the world and the main reason I chose them to carry out my conversion. Unfortunally he parted company with Designa Dubs a couple of week before I managed to take my car down to them which kind of threw a spanner in the works regarding what Paul and myself had talked about for ages on the phone. Basically my exact requirements regarding my conversion.

Anyway, after the massive thread regarding the quality of Designa Dubs' work on ClubGTi this last week Paul showed up? on the forum. I got in contact with him and gave him a phone call. This morning I was up at 6.45am (yawn) and was on my way down to his place in Basingstoke for him to have a look at their 2nd attempt at my conversion.

Paul set about swapping over as many of the water, vacume and breather hoses as he could to 'samco' style blue sillicone hoses. Many of the hoses on my car were split or about to split and therefore I would loose performance because of it. He also had a fiddle with my car adjusting the boost control until it ran a sensible pressure level (15psi). The car should now develop around 220bhp. It certainly feels a hell of a lot quicker than before, although the boost pressure does take a bit longer to come on song, but once it does? :grin:

Here's a picture of the engine now. He also removed and insulated all the odd peices of loom that weren't required for my conversion, but left dangling around the engine. The air filter is his, we just put it on for the picture? :cool:

lots of cleaning and polishing planned for the next few weeks.
Mk4 Golf 150PD