Author Topic: rhyso - dirty diesel power!  (Read 48593 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: rhyso - dirty diesel power!
« Reply #20 on: 31 August 2008, 21:08 »
Thanks again to Rich for picking me up a set of VW Logo'd mud flaps

Then after lots of reading i picked up a copy of VAG TACHO and re-programmed my clocks to have the Miles to Empty feature and the needles lit when you turn on the ignition - looks awesome in low level light conditions and also very handy in brighter conditions when you've got your sunglasses on :afro:

Also thanks goes to Steve (gtitdi) for this little sticker

And i can't resist putting this picture in

:smug: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #21 on: 31 August 2008, 21:12 »
and onto the latest mod - yet again thanks to Rich for spotting a set of Eibach Pro Springs for sale on another forum - a quick PM later and they were mine  :evil:

thinking about it - Rich has cost me a sh!t load of money recently so perhaps thanks is the wrong word........... :angry: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Big thanks goes to my good mate Dave (dai-cymru) for fitting the springs along with some help from Alan from work as it turned into a pig of a job.....thankfully the end result is well worth it :afro:

Mine and Dave's car after the work was done  :cool:

And the clearance i have outside my house!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #22 on: 31 August 2008, 21:17 »
Almost forgot that got a custom footrest courtesy of Gulfstream's recent group buy

finishes off the footwell nicely  :cool:

and finally some photo's of mine and Rich's car from this very weekend after Rich visited for some help with his DSG intake install

excuse my dirty car  :embarassed: i did wash it today!!  :laugh: :laugh:

That's it up to date for now - next is some Anniversary wheels and a full Milltek system; only problem is i can't decide what to get first  :undecided: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #23 on: 04 September 2008, 21:22 »
forgot to add that i smoothed my airbox last weekend too

also ordered some new silicone vacuum tubing and airbox inlet pipe

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #24 on: 06 September 2008, 21:41 »
bored so thought i would put together a shopping list....

Anniversary wheels
Full turbo back Milltek exhaust - can't decide whether to go Anni style or V6  :undecided:
New wishbones with uprated Audi TT bushes
New drivers doorcard as mine is cracked right where i rest my arm  :sad:
New headunit - may go Becker or some kind of double din unit  :undecided:

think thats it  :rolleyes:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #25 on: 13 September 2008, 08:48 »
ok so i got my shopping list in the wrong order and this week ordered and fitted a new Pioneer Double Din unit

well pleased with it as it plays MP3's from CD or USB stick - i've ordered a 60gig slimline hard drive which i'll locate in the glovebox.

The unit also has bluetooth for your phone and works well; can use voice dialling or set it to have dialling presets so literally 2 touches and you're ringing your neaerst and dearest (or your weekend b!tch!)  :grin: :grin:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #26 on: 02 October 2008, 21:26 »
well slimline HD won't work unless i fit some kind of power inverter thingy majig so i bought an 8gig USB stick instead lol

also went to fit my new airbox pipe from SFS

but its completely the wrong shape and size  :rolleyes:  been trying to sort out a replacement............

Off to Portsmouth this weekend to finally find out what the old girl is pushing out - i don't think its more than 170bhp; struggled to shake off a MKV 170 TDI  :sad:

gives me an excuse for a full turbo back Milltek and perhaps a little tweaking with my remap...............

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #27 on: 05 October 2008, 10:10 »
well after a 5.15am start to get to Portsmouth after 9 months of running a mapped TDI i found out that she's pushing out the following

157.bhp
280lbs ft torque!!

little disappointed with the bhp figure but well pleased with the torque figure - curve is fairly smooth although it seems to dip then pull again  :undecided:

gives me an excuse for a fill Milltek to crack the 160bhp mark  :tongue:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #28 on: 26 October 2008, 19:29 »
going to book the car in for some diagnostics at TSR in the next few weeks as i've now spoken with Custom Code who admit it is down on what they quote  :undecided:

also going to get her detailed before xmas :afro:

in the meantime i did this

Before:

After:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #29 on: 02 November 2008, 19:52 »
forgot to mention that i did have a tiny accident in the Golf when i decided to rear end a Shogun  :embarassed:

thankfully the only damage was a cracked front grill - i've bought a new one and some paint but haven't got around to painting it  :sad:

hoping to get it sprayed up in work this week :afro:

also got a bit of a dodgy idle and the engine feels strained - hoping to get to the bottom of it this week and return her to full health  :cool: