Author Topic: davegolfturbo - "GT2X hybrid build thread"  (Read 19496 times)

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
Re: davegolfturbo - "GT2X hybrid build thread"
« Reply #30 on: 18 January 2010, 23:29 »
thought i would also upload some pictures i have just got from the show in lancaster last year.

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 21 January 2010, 00:33 »
just a quick update, recieved the camber shims today so i will hopefully be fitting them this weekend. i will get some pics up once its all done :)

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 23 January 2010, 20:03 »
Quick update....

Car is booked in at my local bodyshop in a few weeks. It is going to be getting a full front respray including smooth bonnet, bumper and both wings will be rolled. The tailgate is also getting completely smoothed and if i can find a nice boot blend i will get this smoothed in to :laugh: he is also doing a full buff so should look nice and shiny!

I am also re trimming my whole boot in black leather to match my recent mod (leather roof) and building a custom boot build should finish the car of nicely, i will keep this post updated as and when it all gets on the way :)

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 30 January 2010, 00:12 »
had a day off work today so decided to strip the car...

removed all the boot trim along with the rear side panels, seats and door seals. time to do some more re trimming  :undecided:  :shocked:

should look good once its all done though!...hopefully  :tongue: :smiley:

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 21 February 2010, 22:13 »
ok so ive not updated my thread in a while.

The car is currently in the bodyshop having a few alterations done.

I have decided to roll my front wings meaning my car will now be able to sit lower without rubbing and bending my arches :) i also thought whislt im having the front wings rolled i may aswel smooth the indicators off. For a while now i have had my badge removed from my front grille and replaced it with the bonrith smooth grille, but had not got round to smoothing my bonnet to match, so whilst the car is i the body shop i have decided to get this done with a small bonnet extension over the top part of the headlight (subtle but effective IMO) along with a whole front end respray (bumper, bonnet, wings)  :tongue:

i have also smoothed the rear tailgate! (both the badge and the handle).

and a full car buff, so when i get it back it should look MINT! :) i will also be re trimming my boot and preparing for my custom install this week.

i will try and post some pics up once i get my camera back from the bodyshop.

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #35 on: 15 March 2010, 00:37 »
i have not updated this thread in a while as i have just simply been too busy.... I only got my car back from the bodyshop on Thursday and have had to completely re build the inside of my car before ultimate dubs, including lowering all the suspension, fitting rear camber shims, putting all the interior back together (door cards seats boot), build my boot build and basically get the car in show condition.

...cutting a long story short i was up from 8am friday morning until 9.30am the following day (25 1/2 hrs!!!) of none stop work to my car and only then had i just finished it not to mention the next day of cleaning before the show!

I dont know if anyone saw my car today but thought i would upload a few pictures, comments are welcome :) hope you like...