Author Topic: johnson6672 - "Wife's mk4 GTI T project"  (Read 7908 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
johnson6672 - "Wife's mk4 GTI T project"
« on: 24 August 2009, 16:32 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
Re: johnson6672 - mk4 GTI T project"
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2009, 19:55 »
This one is my wifes mk 4, i brought it for her for xmas from a friend at work.
When we got it it already had the remap done, miltek cat back, BMC carbon fibre air box, alloy wheels, alpine head unit and amp and sub on it, all of which are things i would have done anyway (and the forum window stickers).

Since getting it i have changed the rear beam bushes for fabia Vrs ones (they were totally shot), Ths FR3 engine mounts, sprayed the front grill and badges, (although i still have the Sharan rear badge to spray), sprayed the wood insert on the interior black and changed one of the door cards cause the speaker grill was broke (cheers Rhyso) and paited the front calipers blue (the rears still need doing)

Plans for this one are, lower it, probabley by about 40mm, change the front and rear bumpers and the valences aswell, fit some silicon hoses and just add a few more little touches to the car.

I've also got 2 new wishbones that are being painted blue before refitting and i am planning on doing the same with the rear axle and a few other bits.

Other plans are anew gear knob and gaitor.
« Last Edit: 27 November 2010, 16:47 by johnson6672 »
MK4 GTI T AGU, REVO Remap, BMC carbon box, Miltek cat back, Forge diverter valve, THS FR3 engine/Gbox mounts, Some random alloys, lowered on coilovers.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
Re: johnson6672 - "Wife's mk4 GTI T project"
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2009, 19:46 »
Changed the gear knob for an ebay special which looks alot better and only cost £10, will get some pics up when its been cleaned.
MK4 GTI T AGU, REVO Remap, BMC carbon box, Miltek cat back, Forge diverter valve, THS FR3 engine/Gbox mounts, Some random alloys, lowered on coilovers.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2010, 09:59 »
Now has all new wishbones, arb bushes and top mounts, looking at maybe getting some new wheels as it needs 4 new tyres anyway, still needs lowering though.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2010, 09:05 »
Well on topof all that this month the car has also had new discs and pads all round, new brake light switch and 4 new tyres, all for the MOT!!!
All passed now though, hopefully it won't cost me much more this year.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2010, 16:48 »
Bit of an update, not much else done, cold air feed pipe for the bmc and thats about it, had it on the rollers though, 192bhp and 212lbft torque :smiley:
192bhp 212lbft torque.