Author Topic: barry-gti - 1.8T  (Read 30299 times)

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
Re: barry-gti - 1.8T
« Reply #20 on: 10 May 2009, 19:32 »
well over the weekend my clutch pedal broke! so i got stuck in one of the most sh*tty areas you could be in waiting for the RAC for 2 and a half hours. heres the broken pedal

new and old...

i got the new pedal from VW for 23 quid and then realised that there is also a clip missing/broken which holds the ball in place

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 11 May 2009, 19:45 »
fixed the clutch pedal finally. it was kinda akward to do getting the ball joint, clip and spring into place all at the same time and then get the bolt through...but its done!

i couldnt be botherd getting the rubber bit on so ill do it tomorow. also while i was down there i asked about a sharan badge. the bloke said he had one in his car i could have lol. so i accepted his offer (thanks guy and drift brige VW) lol. i've already started colour coding it...

rather than taking off the adhesive to get to the glue. i cut around them so i could try and use the original adhesive

« Last Edit: 02 July 2009, 19:53 by barry-gti »

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 22 May 2009, 08:34 »
well. my wireless router has packed up so i can't get any pics up of my progress at the minute. but, i've got my Full milltek fitted (downpipe/Sports cat, Cat-back) and when they lifted the car up on the ramps i found a rubber thing just sitting there in the middle of my rear spring.

so anyway i after that i took it to my local garage to get it looked at, the spring had actually snapped at the top which is why the rubber bit had come out, so i got 2 new (standard  :sad: ) rear springs fitted for £90.

also finished the sharan badge, colour match isn't perfect but its not extremly noticable. looks alot better aswell

AND!! i went through a pot-hole the other day which burst my tyre so im temporarily driving on a steel wheel. the tyre is only a few month old. it looks new so im not letting the council get away with this one lol

ill get some pics up a.s.a.p

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2009, 17:27 »
well heres the pics as promised...

Downpipe that finally arrived after a LOONG wait!...

all fitted to the car

the colour match isn't all that great but it looks better than the standard one i think
« Last Edit: 02 July 2009, 19:52 by barry-gti »

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 11 June 2009, 19:17 »
I fitted some Black side repeaters (ebay specials) a couple of weeks ago. i fitted them but they kept getting condensation. so i took them off, air'd them out and then put some silicone around the edges to try and stop it. i've just fitted them back onto the car so hopefully i shouldn't get any more problems with them

Also my Forge TIP came from the group buy. thanks to damian and The_Stink for saving me £36 on it. i'm going go get it fitted at a garage along with the last 2 boost hoses that i didn't attempt to try  :smiley: While im at it i might ask for the engine bay to be steam cleaned because the filth is letting it down alot. Heres the Tip...

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 13 June 2009, 10:41 »
Ordered some 16mm Megaflex to replace the Breather hose? on the induction kit. the standard one looks cheap i think...

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 01 July 2009, 21:51 »
Finally got my forge TIP fitted. TBH, i can't feel a difference. just a little smoother and the dump is quieter.

i know. its dirty lol

Also ordered/fitted an Audi TT Rearview mirror...

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 20 July 2009, 20:23 »
i decided to paint my grill over the weekend. as much as i thought it would look good...it didn't. i think it looks cheap...here's the progress anyway...

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 27 July 2009, 19:56 »
Right. i've changed my grill. to an all black one  :smiley:

Also bought the Newsouth boost guage from JWelsh. will get pics up of it once the pod comes and its all fitted...

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 03 August 2009, 15:12 »
well, done a few things.

Fitted my boost guage and wired it all up but, the the original tubing i was using melted  :embarassed: so i've just got to wait for tuningwerkes to get some silicon tubing in until its fully running. i'll pick that up once my pressed plates are in, i got the UK font ones because i thought too many people are going for the german ones.

Also had a re-map from R-tech. (Big thanks to Ben) but now my clutch is slipping. so i've ordered a Sachs VR6 clutch and reserved a G60 fly-wheel at VW, just waiting for some bolts to come in which should be tomorow then get a few quotes for fitting  :smiley:

Will be updated with pics asap...