Author Topic: barry-gti - 1.8T  (Read 30309 times)

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
Re: barry-gti - 1.8T
« Reply #10 on: 17 March 2009, 11:56 »
what headlights are those? ar ethey the oens from SWGmotorsport? look  :cool:

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 17 March 2009, 14:21 »
i havn't got a clue mate. i got them from ebay, they came in a DEPO box for 120 + delivery.

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 21 March 2009, 19:37 »
i've been a busy boy today!...

had my Rear beam bushes done. it cost me quite a bit because the whole rear subframe had to be taken out! also had the rear pads done...

recieved my H.I.D kit that i ordered but after reading many posts and threads about blinding people and beeing illegal i've opted out of fitting them, here they are fresh in the box...

Instead i ordered these philips power2night bulbs which are supposed to be 50% brighter than standard bulbs. i havn't had a chance to test that out yet becuase its still light outside

got round to finally fitting the headlights, done it on my own and it wasn't tricy at all, the hardest bit was remembering how to take the grill out lol, i was told about 2 weeks ago!
here's the work...

new headlights in

also recieved my blue forge boost hose kit from the group buy

so had a little time to fit them

from standard

1 hose

2 hose

this one going down to the intercooler was proper tricky! took ALOT of persuasion to go over the throttle body but with a little help from my dad we got there in the end

it was dark by the time we finished that one but i couldnt find where the other 2 hoses go so left them for another day

« Last Edit: 23 April 2009, 19:40 by barry-gti »

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 28 March 2009, 10:14 »
ordered some black hella magic colour rear lights for £120. fitted them last night, the left side was well fiddly. one of the bolts is behind a panel and they give you 2 little cut outs to get to it...

try and get a socket in there with ease!

here they are fitted after a good wash (and then it rain'd  :sad:)

also ordered a genuine black VW grill badge to match the headlights. really easy to fit

i think the next job might be to sort out the ugly stone chips over the bonnet

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 14 April 2009, 19:58 »
sprayed my wood interior trim silver to match the car, i couldn't get the lacquer on properly but i think the way it came out looks good

just need to do the ashtray and get a Bora sport gear knob, also need to do the Driverside handle as i broke it

took the Golf and GTI badges of aswell and im hoping to get a Sharan badge soon too

ordered my Milltek Cat back from Awesome but its out of stock, there currently waiting for stock from Milltek but hopefully should be here in the next couple of weeks...

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 16 April 2009, 21:07 »
the Cat-Back finally came today after about a 3-week wait. but it was worth it!

now all i need is the 4motion rear valance then i can get it fitted. also a milltek downpipe and sports-cat is on the list for when i get some spare cash moneys!!

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 20 April 2009, 19:04 »
right. instead of waiting to get paid to get the exhaust fitted i've borrowed some cash moneys from my parents to get the milltek down-pipe and sports cat and get them fitted at the same time. i ordered it today so it should hopefully be here before the weekend when ill be straight down the garage to get it all fitted!  :smiley:

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 29 April 2009, 11:57 »
done the N249 Bypass last night and fitted my V6 4Motion Rear valance. the Bypass took a good hour and a half because i kept getting confused lol. it definatly feels alot smoother and more responsive. the Dump from the induction is quieter but it sounds more forcefull

ill get some pics up later  :smiley:

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 01 May 2009, 18:14 »
N249 Bypass...

V6 4Motion Rear valance. cant wait for my milltek to be sitting in that hole! its quite hard to see it though

sharan badge is very high up on the list and im expecting a Bora sport gearknob tomorow. my downpipe and sports cat is out of stock at the minute aswell...

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 03 May 2009, 00:37 »
Recieved my bora sport gearknob today...

original

fitted