Author Topic: Dont use www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk  (Read 2709 times)

Offline ERVS

• Just got here
Dont use www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk
« on: 26 November 2015, 16:29 »
I inquired about 18" khartoum wheels online that they (www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk) have listed for £84 via their contact form
They email me back and ask where it was I pasted them the link then less than hour later its gone  :angry:
They did not even have the balls to tell if it was a mistake or not, I will take my business elsewhere.

Offline Bandit127

• Here all the time
Re: Dont use www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: 26 November 2015, 17:13 »
Wow that's harsh condemnation for what looks like a simple mistake on their part.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 26 November 2015, 18:12 »
Seeing as these http://www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk/product/Thunder_II_Complete_Winter_Wheel_1K8073228AX1 are 580 quid EACH, it's no surprise 84 quid was wrong :grin:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline ERVS

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 26 November 2015, 18:50 »
I don't mind if it was a mistake, but I waited 4 hours before I emailed them once again.
It was easy enough for them to remove the mistake within an hour but to not even acknowledge there was a mistake was my issue. They only got back to me saying that it should be £251 after I sent them an email that their customer service was poor.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 26 November 2015, 19:25 »
I'm not sure why your experience of them should mean other people shouldn't use them...or am I missing something?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline VWDoesItBetter

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2015, 08:35 »
It's interesting that people jump to NEVER  use this company after one bad experience, but that is the reality we live in. I can say the same for trying to order a laptop through HP. The entire experience was a nightmare! So I understand how frustrating it is to be dealing with a company, especially when they won't own up to their mistakes. But that being said, the reason I even decided to deal with the company in the first place is because others had had a great experience and told me about it.

Unfortunately, when you have a good experience with a company, you rarely stop to write about it. Some do, but not many. But almost everyone is quick to write a negative review when things go wrong. So in general, there could be a lot of negative reviews out there, but others could have had good experiences that they haven't voiced.

I think it's good to mention that something went wrong and perhaps people should keep it in mind if they are dealing with the company, but to say never do business with them is perhaps a bit extreme. If someone else can have a really good experience with the company, then good on them.

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 02 December 2015, 21:06 »
what was your initial inquiry regarding? If it was to just confirm the price then that was a bit of a silly move, you should've just bought them.
That said, i'm sure they would've realised the mistake at that point and refunded the purchase anyway.
If something sounds to good to be true...

Offline ERVS

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 05 December 2015, 15:13 »
I was making sure the wheels fitted a golf gti mk7.
I have since found some US golf gti's mk7 with them on.
Oh well never mind I managed to get some topas wheels instead.