Author Topic: MK7.5 GTI GPF Revo stage 1, has anyone had this done  (Read 5412 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: MK7.5 GTI GPF Revo stage 1, has anyone had this done
« Reply #30 on: 26 February 2021, 12:23 »
Boxes tend to trick or fool the sensors into thinking something is happening where a proper map has actually adjusted engine parameters. I'm sure someone more technical will come along with a full explanation. JB4 is the only box worth having and don't get me started on dtuk rubbish they sell  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
  • Hey all! I may need some help.
« Reply #31 on: 05 March 2021, 15:14 »
I know there is a slight difference in the components, but back in 2015 I had the S3 saloon and I had the stage 1 map through Revo which was about 350-370 and I did 20,000 miles of absolutely thrashing the sh!t out of it constantly as I was still a bit irresponsible as I was only 20. I never had any issues with the engine, the only thing that did get too hot sometimes was the Haldex coupling and I would have to turn the car off and on again, otherwise I was driving an S3 with front wheel drive only, which was quite fun actually and surprisingly fast about 4.9 - 5.0 seconds to 60mph with FWD only, obviously it was around 3.9 with the 4WD. Never had any engine issues.

I also had a REVO stage 1 on a fiesta ST and I battered the crap out of that too. I swear by REVO. I'm currently running a £175 map on my GTD and although it is nippy, it is a bit lumpy and a bit inconsistent. It feels like it makes it mind up as to how much power it gives me, sometimes stockish power, then when its in a good mood it feels more like 225-230ish and occasionally has a flat spot in 3rd and then a big surge in 4th. I have learnt my lesson about sh!tty maps and will be visiting Devil developments or Revo when I have a bit of spare cash
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
  • Hey all! I may need some help.
« Reply #32 on: 05 March 2021, 15:15 »
Oh and the S3 was DSG btw  :grin:
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline RM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 05 March 2021, 16:57 »
I think we've learned as much about your driving style as we have about Revo!  :grin: