Author Topic: Looking for a GTI or PP  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Re: Looking for a GTI or PP
« Reply #20 on: 21 February 2021, 22:03 »
I’d rather sell a kidney and my firstborn - I adore that car.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 21 February 2021, 22:08 »
I’d rather sell a kidney and my firstborn - I adore that car.
Told you it would be hard  :grin: :grin: :grin:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline skippy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 21 February 2021, 22:46 »
I am in a similar situation, I bought my brand new MK7.5 69 plate PP GTI just over a year ago, and have only covered 2,800 miles to date, due mainly to lockdowns and change of priorities in this last 12 months. Would love to get out and drive it, but can only travel locally current restrictions.
MK7.5 2020, Isaac Blue, standard spec

Gone but certainly not forgotten Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TSI

Offline jf111

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 21 February 2021, 23:30 »
Dynaudio is... dissappointing. But quite a lot better than the standard system. That said, I'm quite into car audio and always upgraded my speakers, headunit (when you still could) and added at least one subwoofer, and listen to very bass heavy music (dnb/jungle, hip hop, techno, house, etc). The Dynaudio stuff has ok sound quality but massively lacks bass.

Though i say it’s excellent, I agree with much of this.

Have you sold the Renault 5 then?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9fY5hLZ7Ce0

:grin: I have to say as I get older, I do find myself turning the music down a bit more if I think someone might be able to hear it!

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 21 February 2021, 23:50 »
Dynaudio is... dissappointing. But quite a lot better than the standard system. That said, I'm quite into car audio and always upgraded my speakers, headunit (when you still could) and added at least one subwoofer, and listen to very bass heavy music (dnb/jungle, hip hop, techno, house, etc). The Dynaudio stuff has ok sound quality but massively lacks bass.

Though i say it’s excellent, I agree with much of this.

Have you sold the Renault 5 then?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9fY5hLZ7Ce0

:grin: I have to say as I get older, I do find myself turning the music down a bit more if I think someone might be able to hear it!

😂 I actually listened to some early 90s jungle today- for the first time in years. Brought back some good memories!
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 22 February 2021, 21:25 »
'Amen' to that  :nerd: :cool:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 22 February 2021, 23:49 »
These were my questions if anyone wants to contribute-

I’d be grateful for some advice from
Current owners. In no particular order-
Is the Dynaudio a good system? YES! it was a must for me after trying the standard system.
Is DCC particularly worth seeking out? I keep mine in comfort at all times, one downside is the shocks are more expensive to replace but I'd probably spec it if buying new.
I viewed a car earlier and the owner told me it had a heated front screen. I couldn’t see the filaments in the windscreen (could see them on my just sold Mini) does the Golf use a similar system as is the screen cleared by some other mystical means? as mentioned already, you can't see any wires like you can on fords however when viewed from certain angles you'll see the screen is a purple colour. It's called a climate screen - mine has this and 90% tints and it does a really good job at keeping the interior from becoming unbearable in summer
Finally, I think I’m ready to embrace an auto (the manual is better IMO, although the dsg is very good. You won't be disappointed with either). Is the PP particularly worth seeking out over a standard car?1000%, I simply wouldn't entertain one without. A MUST!

Thanks for sharing your experience

don't limit yourself with the mileage, it's just a number on a dashboard. Buy on condition and history. Mine was higher mileage than I would've liked but I purchased it from a forum member on here who used it to travel up and down the motorway to different clients, it was immaculate with full spec but was on 30k at 18 months old. There was no way I was letting it slip through my fingers because it had more miles than I'd liked, especially with the spec and condition it was in!

Offline mgregory

• Just got here
« Reply #27 on: 25 February 2021, 00:33 »
Is DCC particularly worth seeking out?
I love the DCC in mine (2014 GTI PP). Like others I keep mine in comfort a lot, but I find it invaluable at high speed on rough motorways. It can really smooth out a skittish ride, but gives you the option to actually feel something when you want to. Recommend.

Finally, I think I’m ready to embrace an auto. Is the PP particularly worth seeking out over a standard car?
I personally feel the difference of the electronic diff, it really hooks up coming out of corners on heavy throttle, very confidence inspiring. However, not sure whether this now comes standard. The big brake kit that came with my PP is also impressive, but there is not the world of difference in my opinion (apart from the red callipers). I still think the PP is worth it.
2013 (Mk7) GTI PP
Merrilly stock... For now.

Offline Refurbished.

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 01 March 2021, 15:57 »
Still looking. Please get in touch in you are minded to sell.