Author Topic: Selling my car and Covid  (Read 2971 times)

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
Selling my car and Covid
« on: 05 February 2021, 10:45 »
Morning.
It's time for an upgrade and I'm selling my car. Due to the current restrictions on unnecssary travel etc should I wait
until restrictions are lifted or go ahead now. Unless the buyer is local nobody will come to kick the tyres. What is the forum view?
Thanks

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Selling my car and Covid
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2021, 11:03 »
Morning.
It's time for an upgrade and I'm selling my car. Due to the current restrictions on unnecssary travel etc should I wait
until restrictions are lifted or go ahead now. Unless the buyer is local nobody will come to kick the tyres. What is the forum view?
Thanks

Well unless someone will buy it without a test drive (you and another household in a car = fine) and even then travelling to somewhere "to look at a car" is something I've seen people get fined for in the news...

If you could persuade someone to buy the car from you "click and collect", that is allowed.

I'd wait if you want to sell it privately, or use WBAC or Motorway to sell it trade - those are fine.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 05 February 2021, 11:23 »
Thanks for the reply.

I am selling privately. Maybe in 5 or so weeks Boris will ease restrictions. So as you say the sensible path is to wait. I spoke to the dealer yesterday about a TCR in stock,asked about the process due to Covid. They send a video then if your happy send the documents online and for a price will deliver. It fell over when he gave me the trade in price.

Cheers

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 05 February 2021, 12:06 »
Try Motorway.... that might give you a better number and its covid compliant.

By all accounts good prices and rapid service.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2021, 07:04 »
I sold mine directly back to Listers group via a link on their website that put me in touch with their group buyer I did it this way as I have not bought another VW this time. A pre Covid change of policy at work means I lose my company vehicle in October this year so my normal budget (probably plus a little bit 🙄) will be spent on two cars. I can’t face the thought of only having a mile munching barge for commuting so bought a smaller “weekend” car with all the kit to satisfy my gadget fetish and the rest will go on a small diesel something nearer the time.
I dealt directly with the group buyer. All that was needed was a few few photos and he spoke to the salesman I normally use who vouched for the condition he knew my car was in and the offers came in. I probably found a sweet spot timing wise as I sold just after the first lockdown last year and they hadn’t got a vast amount of used stock so got more than I would have as a trade in. I didn’t even have to take it in as they arranged to pick it up from home.

Bought this 😁 I know haters are going to hate but so far I am loving it. I don’t need it as a daily so, so far so good 👍

« Last Edit: 06 February 2021, 07:21 by JB GTI »
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 06 February 2021, 10:18 »
At first glance I thought Fred had defected to Mini with a new vanity plate! 😂
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 06 February 2021, 11:08 »
I've already got two of the damned things here and hate them both!  :laugh:

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 06 February 2021, 11:30 »
I've already got two of the damned things here and hate them both!  :laugh:

As predicted 🤣
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 06 February 2021, 11:33 »
I'll say something positive though, that colour is lovely. Definitely my favourite mini colour.

Just don't ask me to drive it  :laugh:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #9 on: 06 February 2021, 11:36 »
Try Motorway.... that might give you a better number and its covid compliant.

By all accounts good prices and rapid service.
No harm in putting details in to find out. I sold my Mazda to them. Got more than private price. No hassle or issues. Would use again.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.