Author Topic: GTI 7.5 19" alloy recommendations  (Read 10694 times)

Offline GTIGeordie

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI 7.5 19" alloy recommendations
« Reply #20 on: 26 December 2020, 18:40 »

[/

I have a set of CM 18” Reifnitz satin  gunmetal  wheels I bought six months ago but have not yet fitted.I did not get any certificate with them and I don’t think there is a quality assurance mark on the back. I will check for the mark in the next week or so and if there are any on the rear I’ll provide a photo.
[/quote]

What is the finish like on them @CeeFeesh? I was looking at the 18" Reifnitz too, really like the look of them

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 26 December 2020, 20:47 »
I liked them and I gave them a protective coat of Poorboys wheel wax so I gave them a close up inspection.  I thought they were decent quality, the paintwork had good coverage, was even and had no marks or blemishes. Here’s a photo I took. I bought VW wheel cap stickers from eBay which were a good fit.
I now have a set of Michelin Crossclimate+ for them but not yet fitted. They are for my Indium Grey car so I will wait and see how they look.

Some one on this site commented Reifnitz were 5 arm swastikas and I can’t get that image out of my head. A bit like the Mk 8 clown face/ steering wheel dashboard face :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: 26 December 2020, 21:44 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline GTIGeordie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 27 December 2020, 22:30 »
I liked them and I gave them a protective coat of Poorboys wheel wax so I gave them a close up inspection.  I thought they were decent quality, the paintwork had good coverage, was even and had no marks or blemishes. Here’s a photo I took. I bought VW wheel cap stickers from eBay which were a good fit.
I now have a set of Michelin Crossclimate+ for them but not yet fitted. They are for my Indium Grey car so I will wait and see how they look.

Some one on this site commented Reifnitz were 5 arm swastikas and I can’t get that image out of my head. A bit like the Mk 8 clown face/ steering wheel dashboard face :rolleyes:

Now you mention it, I can see the 5 arm resemblance 😂 I'll be considering the CrossClimate + too, let us know how you get on with them!

Offline GTIGeordie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 27 December 2020, 22:37 »
I've decided on 18" Borbet Y in Gloss Black, there wasn't much choice for winter tyres on 19". £656 (+£25 delivery) from Rimstyle, I'll post pictures when they're on the car hopefully next week, cheers everyone!

P.S any tips would be appreciated on inserting full size images haha

« Last Edit: 27 December 2020, 22:42 by GTIGeordie »

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 27 December 2020, 22:57 »
Paste hotlink for forums  :wink:

7.5 GTD

Offline GTIGeordie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 27 December 2020, 23:00 »
Paste hotlink for forums  :wink:

Awesome, thank you  :smiley:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 28 December 2020, 10:08 »

Now you mention it, I can see the 5 arm resemblance 😂 I'll be considering the CrossClimate + too, let us know how you get on with them!
I've got cross climate + on a second set of Belvederes and they are really good in cold temperatures.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 28 December 2020, 19:08 »
I bought them nearly two months ago and need to get them on soon. Now’s the weather for them.
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline CaliChris

• Just got here
« Reply #28 on: 30 December 2020, 09:24 »
I've decided on 18" Borbet Y in Gloss Black, there wasn't much choice for winter tyres on 19". £656 (+£25 delivery) from Rimstyle, I'll post pictures when they're on the car hopefully next week, cheers everyone!

I’ve just been looking at these for running winters on. Look forward to seeing pics once fitted.
Which tyres have you gone for? Rimsyle’s choice online isn’t great.
Thanks.
Tornado Red GTi TCR 5dr

Offline GTIGeordie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 30 December 2020, 16:39 »

I’ve just been looking at these for running winters on. Look forward to seeing pics once fitted.
Which tyres have you gone for? Rimsyle’s choice online isn’t great.
Thanks.

I've not ordered tyres from Rimstyle, going to get them ordered online. Protyre has some decent deals of between £50-£80 off a set of 4 All Seasons, so its narrowed down to 3 choices, probably Goodyear Vector or Michellin Crossclimate