Author Topic: My Perfect EQ Settings (Dynaudio)  (Read 39143 times)

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
Re: My Perfect EQ Settings (Dynaudio)
« Reply #10 on: 30 January 2014, 10:54 »
Well said, this is exactly what I have experienced.  What ever the profile was set to last, before going to individual is the base on which individual will adjust the EQ values on top of without overwriting the profile.  It's like the EQ is adjusting the sound either input to or output from the profile.

Profile + EQ = final sound

Is this what others have found?

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 30 January 2014, 10:58 »
Sounds like a reasonable (but mental) assumption..
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline Gingernick

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 30 January 2014, 11:04 »
I have mine set very similar to monstas but a tiny bit more mid range and treble

coming to work this morning Strong by London Grammar and she sells Sanctuary by the Cult were stunning..I could have just sat in the car park at work and listened for ages!

does anybody know, as I am using my ipod..if it has the rock setting on that is it already changing the music before it comes into the dynaudio system? so essentialy it would be going through 2 equalizers? I might try setting that to original then seeing how that makes a difference in the car
« Last Edit: 30 January 2014, 11:07 by Gingernick »
3dr Gti, manual, tornado red, performance pack, dynaudio. gone now

5dr GTi, manual, red, Performance pack, dynaudio
going

5dr Gti, Manual, performance pack , indium grey (for a change!)

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 30 January 2014, 11:19 »
I do try my best to be mental with assumptions.  It's just that I set my EQ the other day then notice all the profiles were sounding as if they were all adjust the same amount of bass mid and treble as I had in the EQ. 

I also tried setting a proflie like dynamic and then go to Individual which didn't adjust the sound in the slightest until I added or subtracted bass mid or treble on the EQ.  I then adjusted the profile after this and again all profiles sounded like they were adjust the same amount of plus or minus bass, mid or treble on top of the selected profile.  Which leads me to believe it is

EQ + Profile = final sound. 

But on the other hand I may have completely lost the plot and find I am actually deaf and the noise I can hear is the white noise of deafness not the dynaudio playing with my mind. 

Infact i looked up Dynaudio in the dictionary the other day and it apparently means 'confusion'.   :laugh:

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 30 January 2014, 11:50 »
I asked a couple of colleagues at work (in Germany) about this a while ago, and both came back with the same answer from their respective German dealers.

According to them - you first set Dynaudio Profile (which adjusts an internal EQ curve), then on the individual screen you get the option of changing the bass, mid and highs for that selected Profile - so the assumptions as a few have made that Base Profile + EQ adjust = final sound seems to be correct ?

Of course if could all be bull  :laugh:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 30 January 2014, 11:53 »
Gold Star!  :smiley:
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 30 January 2014, 11:59 »
Woohoo, I got something right for once....  I hope?  :grin:

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 30 January 2014, 12:04 »
Savour the feeling!  :grin:

Doesn't really help us trying to sort the sound out..where do you start?! I think Dynamic could be a good starting point..
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 30 January 2014, 12:38 »
I guess it would depend on the genre of music and whether you prefer a lot of bass or not.  For clarity through the range would Authentic be a good starting point.  Although saying that I tried it recently and could not get enough bass.  I think we will have to put our heads together and work it out between us. 

I have found Dynamic (default) is very bass heavy and on some tracks I have thought the mids and treble would need to be a little more defined.  Then again Authentic has been the opposite and required a bit more bass.  So if you prefer to listen to Dance, Trance etc, Then I would say Dynamic would be the best starting point and if you prefer something a little more acoustic or melodic then Authentic would be your starting point. 

Which means we may have to devise more than one complete setup for Dynaudio ideally dependent on genre. 

What do you think?

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 30 January 2014, 13:54 »
As I tend to have my nano set to shuffle, think I'll stick with one overall setup, based on Authentic. Otherwise I would have to employ someone to sit in the passenger seat and fiddle with EQ as each new track appears.
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.